cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I never ordered an item that the seller charged to my credit card. How did he get my credit card inf

I got info from my ebay that someone charged me for a camera I did not order. And I never received it. What Fraud is Ebay allowing sellers to do. Why hasn't ebay stopped this seller. Why is he been allowed to keep selling. Ebay has been no help at all to me.

How did the seller get a hold of my credit card information.

Ebay has been NO HELP so far. 

I am very disappointed in Ebay. 

They are letting sellers get a hold of my credit card information and using it to sell bogus camera equipment that I did not order.

Ebay has been no help at all. 

There automated responses have not been helpful at all.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I never ordered an item that the seller charged to my credit card. How did he get my credit card inf

Sellers have no access to cc information,did you make an offer on a camera? If there is a charge on your cc that you didnt make, you need to call the number on the back of your card.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@madabkath69 

As already correctly stated, sellers do not have access to a member's payment sources.

Did you or someone using your Ebay account make an offer on the item? If so, the seller may have the Automatic Payments preferences set.

If you feel that these charges were made fraudulently without your authorization, you need to contact your credit card company ASAP so they can close the account, investigate the charge and reissue you a new card.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

How did the seller get a hold of my credit card information.

@madabkath69 

The seller didn't. If you've got a charge to dispute with your card provider, call them. Good luck.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The seller has no access to your card information, they don't even know how you pay, so don't blame the seller.

Was it bought through your Ebay account or another account?

Have a great day.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

A seller only receives funds via ebay managed payments. The seller is not given any credit card or information about the buyer's payment selection. Please double check your buying payment settings, you might have a credict card set as your primary payment method. That is the buyer's responsbility. Again, the seller isn't given any credit card information.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@madabkath69,

"I got info from my ebay that someone charged me for a camera I did not order. And I never received it".

You have not provided much information about the supposed purchase. Where on your My eBay page did you see the purchase?  If it was in your Purchase History then it had to have been bought from your account.

If that happened, is there anyone in your home who has access to your account sign in info?  Do you sometimes leave your device, (computer, tablet or phone) on while away from it and logged into ebay?

Have you checked your payment method's statement to see if an actual charge was processed?  If one was not and you received an email in your regular email account, about the transaction, It may  be a phishing attempt, and you should not reply to it, but do forward it to spoof@ebay.com, doing that will get you an answer as to whether or not the email was a phishing attempt or not. 

If the transaction is in your purchase history did you open the Order details to see when it

is/was to be delivered?   If someone did get into your account somehow, go to your My ebay page, click on the Account button, and on the page that opens, click on Addresses. Maybe someone who accessed your account added an address to yours. 

Here's one last shot in the dark in trying to help you. Did you recently give, sell to someone,  or throw out an older phone, tablet or computer without fully wiping it clear of your info?  That is how some people will get access to all sorts of information. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 7
latest reply