cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I left negative feedback - eBay removed?

I was shocked to open package and find my purchased item (a magnifier scope) wrapped in a used Covid19 test kit box. It did frighten me (I am old) after touching the box and breathing the air. I did keep the item, but I left negative feedback. It is no longer there. Feedback disappeared. Apparently removed by eBay. No notice. No reason given. Does eBay not understand buyer spirit. It ruins buyer spirit to buy when interfered with like this. Especially with no reason or notice. It is like I am the buyer who does not deserve consideration for my experience. Ebay totally ignored me.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: I left negative feedback - eBay removed?

Very interesting topic. I don't think the box was if any danger whatsoever, and I wouldn't have left a negative. But...you have to be pretty clueless to ship in that box and not think it's going to offend or upset someone. Sometimes you have an undeserved neg coming to you for being so out of touch. 

Message 46 of 48
latest reply

I'm glad your Negative review was removed; it was very unjustified. Would you have been just as "emotional" had your item arrived in a "recycled" condom or tampon box?

Point is, it doesn't matter what the box used to be for. It is no more or less likely to have anything you "should" be afraid of whether it's a used condom box, used tampon box, or a used covid test box.

Message 47 of 48
latest reply

I am going to have to disagree with this statement too. Feedback Should be *fact* based and *not* opinion based. You do not have to "like" somebody to conduct professional business with them. Perfect example would be law enforcement. You don't have to like them and they don't have to like you but you should (both parties) always conduct yourself *professionally* when under a "professional contact".

Using your specific case an the example here: a seller shipped an item to you. You received it. Nothing was damaged, and nobody "got sick". This does NOT deserve a negative feedback because you got *emotional* about the fact that he/she used a recycled "covid test box". The FACT is; that IS irrelevant (read: subjective and Emotional). The FACTS are; he sold something, you bought and paid for it, he shipped it to you, you received it undamaged. Now, *emotionally* you were "scarred" because "OMG it was a covid test box [like, I could have gotten like seriously sick {BTW no, you couldn't have}]. That is a subjective emotion, as others have pointed out; covid cannot "survive" on a surface like that with how long shipping takes... So there was NEVER any "real danger" or threat. And yes, your Emotional Subjective feedback should NOT be taken into account on this seller. As he (or she) did NOTHING wrong...

So, explain to me (because I know you disagree), WHY your EMOTIONS and SUBJECTIVE OPINION should possibly affect this sellers ability to "do business" in the future...

Now, back to the law enforcement example. Lets say an officer pulled you over for speeding and issued you a ticket. Do you have the right to go into the department and "file a complaint against him" because he wrote you a ticket? NO, of course not; because he was just doing his job. You may not LIKE it; subjectively. So even if you tried to; it would be in the departments "right" to laugh you out the door (and not actually take your complaint)...! Sure, you can now tell all your friends how "officer so and so" is "so mean" or whatever... But, does it justify an actual complaint!? NO... Neither does this.

Now, had your item(s) arrived damaged. Maybe even if you "got sick" after receiving it (although it still wouldn't have been from the item/box), would you have actually been justified in leaving a negative feedback.

All of this is simply what I like to refer to as "EMOTION vs LOGIC"; and I get it, it can be very difficult to separate for most people!

Message 48 of 48
latest reply