cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view item original listing after purchase, please?

Hello, I see an older thread on this but it seems closed now.

I bought a CD and it's in a bad state so I want to see the original listing again to see how specific they went. I don't expect the earth but this wasn't even '50p charity shop' calibre. They spent more care on the packaging of the CD than describing the state of the CD.

If I go to purchase history sure I can see it but anything I click just goes to some tangental page containing similar item (hello?). In my email confirmation there's nothing either.

(soapbox moment: imagine this tiresome process if you went to a physical shop huh?)

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@ashro2,

Just so you know, you have posted your issue on the U.S. site's community, not the U.K.'s community.  We can help with this issue, but in the future there may be an issue we can't help with because of slight differences in the two site's policies.

"I bought a CD and it's in a bad state so I want to see the original listing again to see how specific they went. I don't expect the earth but this wasn't even '50p charity shop' calibre ...  If I go to purchase history sure I can see it but anything I click just goes to some tangental page containing similar item".

On the page with other listings of CDs, you may be missing a note at the top saying see original listing. which will take you to the one you bought from.  If it is not there it could be because all of the seller's listings on their profile page are (Private Listing). 

If the condition of the CD is bad enough that some songs cannot be played through, file a not as described dispute.  You have 30 days from the date you received it if there was tracking, or from the last estimated delivery date if there was not tracking, to file the dispute. 

Do you check seller's feedback profile pages before making purchases? I looked at your profile and opened the profile of a very high volume seller you bought from in the last month. While they have a high feedback percentage, they have received over 13,000 non positive feedback in the last year.  It actually shocked me. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks very much.

This must be a UK site issue. If I look for details I see a summary of it being dispatched... that's it. It suspiciously asks for feedback on the page, so I feel it's sort of 'beta'. If I try an advanced search on the item then I get 0 results.

I see now this is a USA thread. It makes me happy that I have made an issue with the company more visible globally! ha ha. After all: music is music, regardless of their metrics and so forth!

Another irony: it's a USA band and I hoped to get a real pressing of this, not some local version. Plus... it's a 'deleted' CD meaning it's cut a cut in the side. Can't recall reading this detail, so original price should be ROCK bottom.

Thanks again sir. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@ashro2,

You should be able to find the item # in your purchase history. You can post it here if you want us to check it out and help you more with this. Searching for items, especially completed or sold items, is very unreliable.

And you can copy the item # and paste it into this URL to replace the XXX. Make sure you get the whole 12-digit number, with no spaces. This should open the item listing page. If its a multi-quantity listing, and the seller has revised it since you purchased it, then there should be a link at the top of the page to let you view the listing as it was when you purchased it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/XXX

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks very much. This may be a UK thing as I mistakenly did not post in the UK section of this forum: the link doesn't work. But thank YOU!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@ashro2 wrote:

Thanks very much. This may be a UK thing as I mistakenly did not post in the UK section of this forum: the link doesn't work. But thank YOU!

The link should work anyway, as long as you remove the XXX and paste the correct item # in their place. Make sure that you don't have any spaces or punctuation; sometimes when  you copy an item # you get extra characters that will prevent the URL from working.

Here's the same URL for eBay UK:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XXX

When you click on that, you will get an error page because XXX is not a valid item #. Then you have to edit the URL by highlighting the XXX, and pasting the correct item # in to replace the XXX.

FYI, I search and buy on eBay UK a lot because I like some things that are made in the UK, so I have a lot of experience on that website.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The only way I found the original listing was after I clicked on "Leave Feedback."  I didn't leave feedback (yet), but there I was able to click the item title and access the original listing.  There, you can also print the original listing.

It's strange; I used to be able to access the original listing by clicking on the item in purchase history, but not now.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Ebay has been fiddling about (at least on the US site) with how things are displayed on your summary pages, making it harder to find things like tracking and your original purchase.  They may also be altering it for other countries, which is why finding your purchase is being such a pain.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 8 of 8
latest reply