cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to spot FAKE Allen Bradley products with PICTURES

As a "seasoned" seller and buyer on eBay, THEPLCDEPOT, makes sure that we never become the victims of buying FAKE Allen Bradley products. There are many ways of trying to avoid getting caught up in the Fake market schemes.

How do you find Authentic Allen Bradley products from REAL US SELLERS on eBay:

1. Learn the difference between "seasoned" sellers vs those who try to imitate sellers like myself who sell Authentic Surplus Allen Bradley. After being on eBay for almost 2 decades, this is how "WE" do it.

Lets say you are searching for a Sealed Processor, Series C, TYPE "sealed 1747-L551 /c",

Search bar.jpg

-Once you enter your search in eBay search bar, many listings pop up but it is not filtered yet. So lets start the filtering process

-Go to the (Upper right side of screen) and Sort by cheapest first "price + shipping: lowest first":

Sort lowest.jpg

-From the left side of the screen click on "US Only" under "Item location":

US only.jpg

This is the first way to sort through the hundreds of listings that come up. You will find the cheapest items and block listings posted in countries other than the US, and now you can begin to start scrolling down to see the different listings. Amongst the fake sellers are also authentic sellers. THEPLCDEPOT

Things to watch out for that are RED FLAGS:

-eBay sellers with low feedback.

We all depend on reviews whether its a vacation in the Bahamas or buying your very first car or having the best night out with friends. We by the help of social media review places and read reviews left by others to make sure we go to the right pleace for our best experience. And so we believe searching for AUTHENTIC Allen Bradley products must also have the same criteria. Research your sellers! Read their overall reviews. Don't judge them by 1  Negative or Neutral feedback but judge them by their overall 12 month progress. Are they new to eBay? Do they  seem reliable? Read between the lines! See if they have poor vocabulary in title and description. We get many emails that start with "Dear friend" or "Hi friends!"

feedback.jpg

-New sellers to eBay:

Click on the listing, then click on their eBay user ID, then click on their user ID again, click on "ABOUT". It will give you the country they are registered in. If it states an Asian country then the chances are the item will come from there. At THEPLCDEPOT, we ship out of Ohio warehouse. with a 1 to 3 day Guaranteed delivery time!

See how long they are members on eBay for. Would you trust project in the hands of anyone? Would you trust your project if you were to buy your Allen Bradley products from someone who joined eBay yesterday? We most certainly don't!

About.jpg

-Reused pictures are the easiest way to flag a listing:

Here at THEPLCDEPOT, we take pride in our brand so we make sure to take pictures of each of our products  individually, so buyers know exactly what will be delivered to them within our 1 to 3 day guarantee. The only thing we encrypt and block in our pictures is the Serial number, to prevent hijacking and duplicating of serial numbers by Asian market.

We believe if we do our part that eventually these fake sellers will be exposed eventually!

reused pics.jpg

-Great sellers like THEPLCDEPOT use watermarks to brand ourselves, to stick out from the crowd. 

Watermark.jpg

-PRIVATE LISTINGS:

They make their listings Private for whatever reason and we have yet to figure this one out! Most of the time you make a listing private only to become invisible. If I am a proud seller, I will have neon arrows pointing customers to our listings.

-Feedback.

Feedback about a seller helps paint a picture about the seller. It is always important to see past and present feedback and what others think of the seller. usually honest engineers.

-Shipping service, Delivery times and Returns.

See below our circled areas to keep an eye on. Its a great way to see if a seller has fast or slow shipping services and what the delivery time will be. If uses services other then USPS, FEDEX and UPS then you know it is coming from outside the US markets. If their Delivery time shows longer than 4 or 5 business days then tha is another dead give away that it is not a products coming from within the US. Here at THEPLCDEPOT, we offer our clients EZ returns paid for by us if the reason for return is within our company's  and as well as eBays guidelines. We will ALWAYS pay for the return if we made the mistake. Just common sense approach!

shipping time delivery returns.jpg

-Lastly and most importantly report the listings.

Don't allow these fake products to circulate as eBay needs our help. if you feel the listing is not genuine then report them to eBay right away. this helps their team understand their sellers. without us reporting it, FAKE products will always circulate the eBay platform.

Remember if its too good to be true then it usually is!

Good luck with your eBay finds, the best place for Allen Bradley at 1/3 the prices on retail.

***We will continue to update this post as we get feedback from other buyers and sellers on the world's greatest selling platform!

Stay tuned for daily and weekly updates by subscribing to this post. Go to the very top of this article and click on the tiny arrow and click subscribe. Every time we update this POST you get notified!

subscribe.jpg

Happy hunting from everyone here at,

THEPLCDEPOT TEAM!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@theplcdepot,

While your topic is informative, others have posted the same info for years, but without the photos. One thing you did leave out is, even if an item is made in China for a U.S. based Mfr. they are not allowed to sell them outside of China. So any U.S. brand named product coming from China is likely to be a low quality copy.

Water marks are not an indication of a product's origin. I could pull a stock photo from a Mfr., and put my own water mark on it.

If people want to buy quality made Branded products, the quickest path to disappointment is to shop using Price + Shipping Lowest first or Best Match, which usually return many results from chines sellers first.

FYI, promoting your own listings on these boards, is not allowed.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Stay tuned for daily and weekly updates by subscribing to this post. Go to the very top of this article and click on the tiny arrow and click subscribe. Every time we update this POST you get notified!

@theplcdepot 

Isn't this spam? That's a no-no here... 🙄

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

darn it! is it? 

my first post. Can you tell me which part needs to be edited please?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for your reply. 

I have removed our link to our store. Did not know this was not allowed. thank you for advising.

"Watermarks"

What i meant by watermarks is not for authenticity but rather branding. some people copy images from others but our listings carry a watermark of our company so it helps preventing in copying of images. some sellers copy the image with the watermark, so it is a great way to see if the image was stolen. Hope this clarifies the watermark concern.

"If people want to buy quality made Branded products, the quickest path to disappointment is to shop using Price + Shipping Lowest first or Best Match, which usually return many results from chines sellers first." - Why is eBay allowing sellers from the china to sell on US platform?

Thank you everyone for replying and helping me remain within guidelines!!

Please continue to point out any other errors or lines I may have crossed.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Isn't that pretty much for any item?

Have a great day.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

We are not aware of how to identity fakes for hand bags or other products, if that is what you were asking.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply