cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rebuy the same items with best offer?

Hello, 

So thing is. There's this item that costs 60€, after a couple of offers and counter offers we agreed on a price of 50€. I paid for the item and received it and so far so good. Later on I decided to buy more of the same product but the option of best offer is not available anymore, I have only the buy it now for 60€. Keep in mind that I am planning to make a new transaction and also just for the record the original listing had a total of 27 pieces of this item. So the item is still available. Any help please? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You can message the seller and ask if he would be willing to add a Best Offer for you to offer 50 pounds instead of 60 as listed, but that was then and this is now.  Seller may not want to lower the price again, although he did so for you before.  He is under no obligation to repeat his previous acceptance of your offer, or even to add a Best Offer.  It could be the price has gone up for these items, or it could be that the seller did you a favor at that time as it suited him as well, such as he wanted more sales.  It could be that he will be disinclined to give you another such bargain. 

Some merchants run loss leaders, not saying that this is one, in hopes you will buy other items from them with the loss leader item.  If you try to buy the loss leader in quantity, your order may be cancelled.

If your message is disturbing to the seller, you may find yourself blocked from buying. 

Just a thought.

If it is a good price, maybe you could consider just buying the item.  But unfortunately, you can't count on getting the same discount you initially did.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Just simply contact the seller and offer to purchase another at the same price 50e.

If you feel you you are overpaying @ 60e, just let it go and move on. There will be other future buys for you to consider.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Keep in mind, they may say no.  If you had to dicker to come to an agreement the first time and Best Offer is not on the new listing, the seller may not want to discount the item again.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

How many offers did you make before the seller accepted (or you accepted a counteroffer)?  The limit (5 for most categories on ebay.com, not sure what website you were on that uses Euros) is per LISTING, You don't get additional offers if there is an acceptance.  You are limited to 5 (or however many) on THAT LISTING, including any renewals of a multiple-item listing of "good until cancelled" duration, which can last for years.  If the seller sets up another listing with Best Offer you start with #1 on the new listing.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It sounds to me like your seller was willing to haggle on the price as long as he had "X" number left. But now that he is down to "Y" left he is content to wait for buyers who will pay him 60 euros. So he removed Best Offer because he is no longer interested in negotiating.

I suppose you could message and ask, as someone who has done business with him before, if he would sell you more for 50 euros. But don't be surprised if he says no. And frankly, don't be surprised if he's a little irritated by the request. If he was still interested in selling at 50 euros, he wouldn't have taken down Best Offer.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Since the Best Offer option is no longer included in the listing I would suggest that you decide if you are willing to pay the seller's full asking price or not.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

There are times when sellers have to change the price to make a profit.  Sometimes you don't realize that your initial offering might not the correct price after paying your fees and shipping.  I had bought an item a while back and when I wanted buy another one a week later that price had jumped significantly.  I do know it's because the shipping charge was too low during the first round so I'm lucky I got it for that price.   There are a number of items that I purchased recently that my sellers didn't make any money because of the shipping expense.   I had one recently where the seller wouldn't ship me my item because she hadn't figured out the shipping cost for expedited mail  correctly, and it was going to cost significantly more than she advertised.   A few days ago a buyer sent me a message to state she would buy my item if I lowered my shipping charge.  She gave me her zip code and when I calculated it I found I couldn't lower my shipping charge because it was already at its lowest price and I wouldn't even break even after all the fees. I wrote her back to let her know what is would cost for me to ship.  A day later she did buy the item.  I think that some people don't realize what it actually costs to ship from coast to coast. So I give them my zip and the weight of the item so they can check for themselves, and realize that I am not gouging  them.  You can always write the seller to see he  would consider giving you the same deal, but I wouldn't be miffed if he couldn't.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply