cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I wait for a 12/6 order?

If the expected delivery was 12/11, when do I file an "item not received" case?  I see that USPS accepted it, but it hasn't moved since then.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How long should I wait for a 12/6 order?

File on the last day that it allows you to. Everyone knows the package is just being delayed due to COVID and budget cuts. Tracking will eventually scan at some point when post offices start catching up and not backlogged.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for being so patient with your seller.  You could probably have opened an item not received case on the 12th.  Due to the current situation with delivery delays, would suggest you wait at least a few days longer.

You do not know for sure that it's not moved since then.  Some packages do not get scanned again til they reach your doorstep.  You have 30 days past the 11th to open an item not received case.  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I just received 2 orders from 12/4 today. One was sent priority 2 day mail on 12/7 one was first class on 12/9. I would wait a little longer to file an INR case, but don’t let it go beyond 30 days from estimated delivery day. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for being patient.  eBay's buyer protection policy (AKA the Money Back Guarantee)  says that you can file a claim for 'Item not received" until 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date.  So if you can stand the wait, you should file the claim on January 9. It will probably show up long before then. There have been loads of misdirection and skipped scans, so there's no way of knowing what sort of adventures your package is having.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If the estimated delivery date is 11 Dec, then file by 10 Jan or before.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@tamaralea,

Record online shopping and Covid caused serious backups with the USPS this year. Some of their largest facilities were rocked with Covid related employee absences.

If your item was shipped using a standard method it has a lower priority than expedited services.  Have you asked your seller to file a missing package service request with the USPS?  That could shake the package loose.  Also run the tracking number through the USPS tracking site. eBay's Pitney Bowes tracking information often lags behind USPS info.   If you have not received your item by Jan. 10, file an Item Not Received dispute on that date which will be 30 days after the last estimated delivery date.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Definitely ask your seller to file a missing mail report with USPS.  (missingmail.usps.com)

I still have 36 open missing mail reports I filed with USPS for items shipped 12/8 - 12/12.  Plus another 22 missing shipped 12/13 - 12/15.  Only a handful are showing movement in the past 4 days.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply