cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I track a parcel that has NO TRACKING NUMBER?

Hi there, 

How can we track a parcel without a tracking number? Is it possible? Are there other ways of doing it?

I'm living in Singapore and I've been using one of those virtual post addresses from the US and have them shipped directly to me and so far, never fails.

However, I've recently purchased 2 items from different sellers last 12th of November. They're marked as shipped since last 14th of November but there isn't any tracking number indicated and until now the parcel hasn't reached the destination yet. Per my previous experience, the shipping from Canada Post to Portland just takes between 8-10 days tops.

So far this has been the most expensive purchase I've done in eBay so I'm quite uneasy not knowing where my parcel is. 

Are there other ways as to how we, as buyers can track our parcels without any tracking number?

Thanks in advance! 🙏

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: How do I track a parcel that has NO TRACKING NUMBER?

As soon as the estimated delivery date on your order has passed by 24 hours use eBay'as money back guarantee

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/returns-missing-items-refunds-buyers?id=4008&st=12&...

Calin Item not Received.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

By " virtual post addresses" I assume you mean what we call a freight forwarder. Presumably you have the original tracking number from the buyer to the forwarder. Since you have an account with the forwarder can you contact them with the original number and ask them?

It is of course not exactly the same but I ship international through Pirateship who turns the item over to Asendia for the international leg. Asendia over writes the original USPS tracking number with their own number. I can contact Pirateship and get the new Asendia tracking number . Presumable your freight forwarder can do the same for you.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi there @richard1rst, thanks for your input. That’s correct, they’re somewhat a freight forwarder.

Unfortunately there’s no tracking number not even from the seller himself. He told me that he already reached-out to Canada Post and the shipping method that he used has no tracking number.

I’ve been purchases from Canada a couple of times alread and normally it just takes between 8-10 days max. This Parcel’s estimated delivery date was on the 28th of November, but until now there’s no progress from eBay’s tracker - since I don’t have any tracking number from the seller 😔

are there other ways on how can we track such cases? Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Basically, you can't track a parcel without tracking.  That's why sellers use tracking.  If it were possible to just randomly track a parcel, why would anyone bother to use tracking?  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hi soh.maryl, I couldn't agree more - hence the term, "tracking number". 😊

BUT since the seller didn't and couldn't provide one, the very reason why I'm trying to source for any possible answers from other folks whom might have the same experience and used other identifiers from their eBay Invoice - maybe, that made them able to track their parcel?

Hey thanks for your input though, appreciate it! 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hello @downunder-61, thanks for replying! Yeah, I was also thinking of doing the same since the expected delivery date was last November 28, 2022. I guess what's preventing me, at least until now is that I'm still hoping that I'd still receive it 🙏🙏

But sure, I think I'll resort to this one if all else fails. Thanks man! Appreciate it! 😊

Message 7 of 7
latest reply