cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop getting special discount offers on things I'm watching

This new seller spamming feature majorly **bleep** me off and I want it to stop NOW. 

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: How do I stop getting special discount offers on things I'm watching

@incola  I never thought giving Sellers the ability to send Watchers offers was a good idea.  I never thought eBay turning on unsolicited Best Offer on new Sellers using the Quick Listing tool was a good idea.  I never thought Guaranteed Delivery was a good idea because the vast majority of things sold online don't need to get there that fast.

I have to thank you for posting your displeasure with this feature.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 31 of 53
latest reply

@iambaguette wrote:

The person who posted this thread is asking for help on how to opt out.  They are not asking for the reason why they want to opt out.  Can someone please answer the question on how to opt out.  I have the same question as the initiator of this thread.  I have tried Notification preferences and opted out of everything and I am still getting special offers.  I purchase huge amounts for work.  I don’t want a special offer as it is clogging up my email.  Some items are needed immediately and some are only needed in a few months time.  I use the watch list to keep track of difficult to find items until they are needed at some time in the future.  Everyone has a different reason, but the bottom line is I don’t want any more emails than I already get from eBay as I sometimes get upwards of 100 emails a day.

thank you

I looked through Site-Preferences and Manage Communications menus and could not see a "Block offers from Sellers" any where (or its equivalent) ... I am sure eBay has a setting for Buyers to block unwanted offers but it may require a call to them to get the answer ...

Regards,
Message 32 of 53
latest reply

@incola, @prettywoman-2012 , @coasternut , @airsheep @iambaguette 

Ok, I just did some research and an eBay Support team member replied to this same question on how to block the offers from sellers when you Watch one of their items ... while I am not familiar with this setting here is the verbiage posted on how to do it:

"... To stop receiving emails, you need to go into your marketing email preferences and opt out as well as in the app you would need to disable the offers notifications. You can easily change this preferences down the road should you want to receive offers again."

To me it sounds like it might block all emails but the reply was specific to someone wanting to stop the annoying offers when they put an item on their Watch list ... hope this helps ...

Regards,
Message 33 of 53
latest reply

I have stuff on my watch list for several reasons, like to see if someone buys it at the really inflated price they have it listed at, because I am thinking about it, or just because it's in my field of interest.

Message 34 of 53
latest reply

Hard to ignore when they flood your inbox.
Message 35 of 53
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Ok, I just did some research and an eBay Support team member replied to this same question on how to block the offers from sellers when you Watch one of their items ... while I am not familiar with this setting here is the verbiage posted on how to do it:

"... To stop receiving emails, you need to go into your marketing email preferences and opt out as well as in the app you would need to disable the offers notifications. You can easily change this preferences down the road should you want to receive offers again."

To me it sounds like it might block all emails but the reply was specific to someone wanting to stop the annoying offers when they put an item on their Watch list ... hope this helps ...

@mr_lincoln That is how I understand it, also. That it would block all promotional offers, so this may not be a good idea, unless the acct in question is solely used for buying purposes, and the buyer would not be interested in getting coupons and codes for savings, from ebay either. Hmm.

Message 36 of 53
latest reply

@prettywoman-2012 wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@mr_lincoln That is how I understand it, also. That it would block all promotional offers, so this may not be a good idea, unless the acct in question is solely used for buying purposes, and the buyer would not be interested in getting coupons and codes for savings, from ebay either. Hmm.

"Hmmm" is being polite ... its rather confusing that a feature like this would be implemented with no way to turn it off separate from other Communication or Promotional correspondence ...

Regards,
Message 37 of 53
latest reply

Buy the item or stop watching it.

Message 38 of 53
latest reply

There is no way to turn them off. Whether you want them or not

eBay will keep sending them to you.

You can shut off the e-mail notification, but they 100% still come

through on the listing itself and other ways.

Communication Preferences

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextNotificationPreferences&ssPage... 

1.jpg

Message 39 of 53
latest reply

Did you click save on the right side under all that buyer activity?
Side note: Why is Want it now still listed?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 40 of 53
latest reply

Get rid of the app.....

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

@tcscollectibles1 wrote:

Get rid of the app.....

Why?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 42 of 53
latest reply

do you get points for responding? 

your response offers no solution. Have you tried to do this yourself?

there are multiple options to the tune of 200 separate options. 

Blame it on Hal....
Message 43 of 53
latest reply

your reply is useless especially when there are 200 separate opt out options. 

Blame it on Hal....
Message 44 of 53
latest reply

Communication Preferences->Buyer

I opted out of the below

Offers to buyers

Price Reduced On Item

Hopefully this will help. It may only last for the next update as I think I've done this before or I culled my watch list.

Blame it on Hal....
Message 45 of 53
latest reply