cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop getting special discount offers on things I'm watching

This new seller spamming feature majorly **bleep** me off and I want it to stop NOW. 

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: How do I stop getting special discount offers on things I'm watching

You can opt out. Account - Site Preferences

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 53
latest reply

@incola 

I believe that all the offers I have received have been for items specifically on my Watch list, even though I have more total items on my other lists.

So if you are unable to adjust your communications preferences to your liking, you might consider moving those items from your Watch list to other lists to see if that stems the tide of offers.

Message 3 of 53
latest reply

It might be easier to stop using the Watch list then you won’t get any offers.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 4 of 53
latest reply

I wasn't aware there are any other lists than the watch list... I can't them in the mobile app 

Message 5 of 53
latest reply

That would work, but it would seriously cripple usability. I'll end up buying less from eBay because I can't keep track of items. 

Message 6 of 53
latest reply

There are literally dozens of preferences. Which one stops special offers for items on my watch list? 

Message 7 of 53
latest reply

@incola 

I wasn't aware there are any other lists than the watch list... I can't them in the mobile app

Unfortunately, custom lists are not supported by the eBay app. So unless you use a browser and request the "desktop site" version, you will not be able to see your custom lists on your mobile device.

There are literally dozens of preferences. Which one stops special offers for items on my watch list?

Take a look at the Communications Preferences page, and the Buyer section. "Offers to Buyers" seems like a likely one. If you are interested in cutting down the number of emails you receive from eBay, there are many other options you may want to set to "None" there.

Message 8 of 53
latest reply

Thank you. I will try that setting.
Message 9 of 53
latest reply

If I get an unsolicited offer from my watched list, I remove it and write the listing number down in a pad for future reference.  It is what I did before we had a watched list.

Message 10 of 53
latest reply

Sometimes I don't mind the seller offering a discount, but occasionally it's a pittance of a "sale" and just annoys me, or they've taken the time to increase shipping or handling and offered an insincere discount. The time window to consider isn't great either. I'm currently having a yard sale here though, and this feature is kind of bad for sellers too, because buyers wait around hoping they get a special discount offer and unwatch things if you don't drop the price for them within a day or two. I can't say that I like the feature really. What really freaks me out is when the seller starts writing me personal messages saying "good luck with the bidding" notes. I don't feel comfortable with that kind of interaction.
Message 11 of 53
latest reply

You do know that the seller does not know who you are. Its anonymous and the offer is often sent to a few watchers at a time. Just ignore the message. Dont even look. just delete. (but you might miss a good price offer)
Message 12 of 53
latest reply

The increasing number of special discount emails is really getting to be annoying.  I had 5 new offers in my inbox this morning, and not one of them tempted me to buy.  Most were for items I watched while comparison shopping and ended up buying something else.    If you're willing to accept less, then why not just drop the price on the listing?  Then I just might have purchase yours instead.  

This new spam tactic has me thinking twice before I hit the watch button. I've also been going through the list and deleting everything I didn't want badly enough to buy it at the time.  

Message 13 of 53
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why watch the item , If you do not plan on buying?  I have had to offers this week on items i was watching... Bought them at a great deal..... Don't want to get offers.. Just stop watching.........

Message 14 of 53
latest reply

People watch for many reasons. It doesn't mean they want to get spammed by multiple sellers.

The watchlist is supposed to be for the convenience of the buyer. If we can't watch something unless we're immediately going to buy it, that makes the watch list pretty useless.

Message 15 of 53
latest reply