cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel an order with a tracking #

Hi, y'all.

My dad needed something. So I ordered it on eBay last Monday. 

My dad thought it'd be by here today, cause it had that eBay's 2-4 day shipping display.

But this seller still haven't physically shipped the item yet. He created a USPS tracking last night, so I thought he'd be shipping today, but no. He's been ignoring my DMs and gives me no communications. Like I can tolerate if there was at least any communication. 

I'm trying to request a cancellation with this unresponsive seller, but the system wouldn't allow me to request due to the fact that he provided a tracking #, but ebay's estimated arrival date has been already passed.

Also his FBs are concerning. He has a lot of negatives saying:

"Fake tracking number, never received."

"Did not like that seller sent first class usps and gave a bogus tracking number. Otherwise it was fine"

"I never received this item & it is past the delivery date plus it should have been here by now & it’s not so I asked the seller for help & to refund my money like he is supposed to whenever the buyer does not receive their order by the delivery date but the seller tried to tell me to just wait but I have waited long enough & like I said it is past the delivery date so they have to refund my money now but he won’t so I opened up a claim against him & he still won’t refund my money so ebay will!"

"Bad tracking #"

I could've gotten a bogus tracking number..

I just had to place another order from another seller for now.

If I contact a CS, would they be able to cancel this order for me?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I cancel an order with a tracking #

No, only the seller can cancel an order. You should never rely on the 2-4 day shipping display. You always need to look at the estimated delivery dates shown on the listing. EBay calculates those based on the seller's handling time factored with the shipping service. 

On the day after the last estimated delivery date you can open an item not received case. Go to the item in your purchase history and select 'I didn't receive it' under More actions.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

No, only the seller can cancel an order. You should never rely on the 2-4 day shipping display. You always need to look at the estimated delivery dates shown on the listing. EBay calculates those based on the seller's handling time factored with the shipping service. 

On the day after the last estimated delivery date you can open an item not received case. Go to the item in your purchase history and select 'I didn't receive it' under More actions.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Since the eBay system will not allow you to cancel, because the seller created a "tracking number" (whether fake or real), at this point you can only wait out the last scheduled delivery date, after which you can open an "item not received" case against the seller.

On your "Purchase history" page, scroll down to the item in question; and, over on the right side of the screen is a cluster of boxes, one of which reads "More actions."  Click on that & scroll down to "I didn't receive it," than follow the instructions.

You might have to wait a few days more to open a case, since I don't know when the last expected date of delivery is stated on your order screen, and eBay may make you wait longer, just to give the seller more time.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@chanyuc 

See my message 3 for the procedures you need to take.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@chanyuc wrote:

My dad needed something. So I ordered it on eBay last Monday. ....

If I contact a CS, would they be able to cancel this order for me?

No.

If the estimated delivery date has passed, file a claim for "item not received."  And read eBay's buyer protection  policy, which they call the "Money Back Guarantee":

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

What was the last estimated delivery date as seen in the listing?

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

As others have said, your recourse is to file "item not recieved" assuming it does not arrive by the latest estimated shipping date. And next time, look at the seller feedback before smashing the buy it button!

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Yeah, thank you all. I can open INR.

Since he created the tracking on Sunday, so I'll give him some more time till Wed night.

If he doesn't ship by then, I'll file for INR.

Also can I call my local USPS and give them the tracking, would they know if it's coming towards my address or not?

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

USPS won't be able to give you any more information than you can find by going to their website and entering the tracking number.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

and of course, He shipped after I opened my INR case today. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

And you have not yet given us the estimated delivery date as seen in the listing.

Why is that?  

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

I can't find INR page with Estimated Arrival date on it. Estimated arrival date was Apr 21st.

Why? You think I'd lie about it?

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 4.04.47 PM.png

But he just refunded me, now IDK what to do.? Do I reject the package? 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

But he just refunded me, now IDK what to do.? Do I reject the package? 

@chanyuc 

Since you've been made whole, ^^^ that would be a nice thing to do in kind for the seller. 😊

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I've created this whole mess? I think he's the one who chose this chaotic path.

I gave him plenty of days to ship with reminder messages. He decided to do nothing.

I don't know how a person with 100k+ rating runs their inventory, but it shouldn't take a week and half to ship something out. He could be running multiple accounts and doesn't read DMs, IDK.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

No, had no thoughts of your lying.  At that point in time, the EDD would have been important information to help you.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply