cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How badly do you like getting spam, scum, telemarketing, being pushed emails from ebay?

Have you received an email or 20  or 47 like I have from ebay in your message box asking you "how badly do you want....so and so item"?  You can't block them. I have cancelled every subscription other then closing my account.

Pure scum, spam, telemarketing, more like the people who call you and you don't answer or you do and tell them where to stick it....but they do come with a cute winking smiley face. 

Someone actually got paid to **bleep** off everyone??.  I want that job.  I'll do it for half of the $4.00 they got paid ( I hope they didn't pay more then that).  If eBay paid someone with my enormous fees I pay to do this email scam anymore they are suckers.  All over the internet people are complaining and on these boards and they do nothing but send out more **bleep** emails to buyers and sellers.  How gd stupid are they?

16 REPLIES 16

How badly do you like getting spam, scum, telemarketing, being pushed emails from ebay?

I assume you've tried unsubscribing already? If so, have you reported the messages as spam? If you have, your email provider is pretty bad at filtering out spam emails so you may want to use another one with eBay. Personally I use Gmail and have blocks for eBay messages, so I never get them on my primary email account. I only ever see them when I log into emails associated with secondary selling accounts.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I have spams set but I still get multiple emails from some sites. I don't bother opening them - just click and delete. Why don't I block? A couple have some great money saving offers or coupons once in a while which I can see just from the title. To me it's not a big deal - of course as I've gotten older - I've realized too many sweat the little things - save your angst and concern for when you really have a problem.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

It can be a giant pita when I get multiples a day from different companies that go to my iPhone and iPad as well as my desktop. eBay should just stop sending soul sucking spam

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@ubuy-isell wrote:

Have you received an email or 20  or 47 like I have from ebay in your message box asking you "how badly do you want....so and so item"?  You can't block them. I have cancelled every subscription other then closing my account.

Pure scum, spam, telemarketing, more like the people who call you and you don't answer or you do and tell them where to stick it....but they do come with a cute winking smiley face. 

Someone actually got paid to **bleep** off everyone??.  I want that job.  I'll do it for half of the $4.00 they got paid ( I hope they didn't pay more then that).  If eBay paid someone with my enormous fees I pay to do this email scam anymore they are suckers.  All over the internet people are complaining and on these boards and they do nothing but send out more **bleep** emails to buyers and sellers.  How gd stupid are they?

tyler@ebay

Hi, Tyler, hope you are well!  Just found another thread on this, so I paged you to this one as well!  Thank you for your help, as always, and Happy New Year!

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I don't see Tyler's reply to these slimey emails. I am receiving even more now. I stopped buying because of it and I am still receiving them...Tyler@ebay? You have a way to stop these slimey, pushy low life, dirty, telemarketing scammy emails?
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

If they're emails you can go into your account preferences under communications and turn promotional emails off. I did last week and it made a huge difference. Of course now I'll never know about Ebay Bucks promotions but that's a small price to pay.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I turned off all my promotional e-mails because of the very problem you mentioned. Now if only there were some way to fix the 'Notifications' in the top right corner. It keeps telling me I have notices, and they are usually things I have already seen and deleted!

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

You a re kidding, right?  I live for this stuff.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

You are funny!

the ones I really hate are "your xxhospital/doctors office has posted a message to your chart"  I totally freak and its some stupid reminder, like I need a test in July, make an appointment now...uh no.

last I looked, I had over 5,000 unread emails on one account. 

I just didn't have enough hours in my life to deal with it all.

So far, haven't missed anything. (That I know of!!)

Wonder how many other people out there like me....talked to a woman who had over 20,000 unread messages, she showed it to me as proof.

Wonder how effective those messages are.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth,

"Of course now I'll never know about Ebay Bucks promotions but that's a small price to pay". 

That's all right eBay Bucks only earn you a small amount for buying mostly promoted junk anyway so you aren't missing out on much. Smiley Wink

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

There is no option in account settings to disable the ANNOYING " How badly do you want this item ?" message . I find it so annoying that im actually considering closing my ebay account all together . Very Tacky of ebay to use this type of pushy message. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Hi, you said you cancelled any Subscriptions responsible for an overload of emails. Since there are a couple of places to turn them off, here is how to minimize the number of ebay's promotional emails, for those who may want it:

My Ebay >Summmary >Account >Communication Preferences. When the page loads, click "Show All" and scroll to Buyer >Buying Activity. After selecting or changing your preferences, click "Save."

Still under Communication Preferences. Next, scroll to General Preferences. Under Account, click "Show" and make changes. Click "Save."

Then on same page, scroll down to the bottom of  the page to Promotions & Surveys. Select "General Email Promotions". Unclick any Subscription box and click "Save."

Hopefully this will help anyone who wants to limit how many notices they receive from ebay. Good luck to you in your efforts.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I love them -deleting them 3 times a day keep my fingers warn in the winter  - when summer arrives my fingers are stiff enough to squash ants before they reach the ice tea and cake during a picnic.

I just consider it another well thought E bay plan to help enhance my quick deleting skills--:)

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I get this **bleep** also can't block it Ebay sucks!

Message 15 of 17
latest reply