cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent actions

I purchased a product through eBay and the product arrived as a fake flat iron and the cord is not US friendly. What can I do with a fake flat iron with the wrong cord and adapter.. I shared this with my community so they will keep their money from eBay, unethical people. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Fraudulent actions

ALL eBay buyers, as well as sellers, need to read eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers, preferably BEFORE beginning to shop here.

You received an item that is not as described.  You have 30 days after receipt to open an item not as described case with eBay.  After you open the case, you wait 96 hours for a response from your seller.

No response and no prepaid return label? Then you return to that case and ask eBay to step in.

In the meantime, may I respectfully suggest that you make yourself acquainted with the MBG?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Fraudulent actions

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Fraudulent actions

eBay is a platform people use to buy and sell.

eBay sold you nothing.

You need to file a "not as Described" case to return the item.

MBG is good for 30 days after delivery.

By the FB you left it appears you used FB to try to get "clarification" from the seller.

Had you filed a return request, you would have received a shipping label and your money back.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Fraudulent actions

@colus.zfecsy,

It would seem that you received a flat iron with 2 round pins on its plug, instead of the flat connectors used on electrical items in the U.S..  Plugs with 2 pins are intended for European use, where they use a DC power supply.  The seller does have information on their listing page for a flat iron, under a header Attention International buyers, that says the Item is intended only for use in the U.S..

They may have another header on some listings that says Attention U.S. buyers and info saying the item is for use in Europe...  only.   Something you should have checked before making the purchase.

If it does

If the listing has the Attention International buyers header. Do not bother messaging with the seller.  Go to your purchase history, and click on the More actions box. Select  Return this item, and on the next page, check the circle for Doesn't match description or photos. Once you open a dispute, it will appear on your My ebay Summary page.  The seller will have 3 days to send a return shipping label, or issue a refund, if they do not want to pay the return shipping cost.  If they do not reply or send a label, on the 4th day open he dispute and click on the ask ebay to step in button. A refund will be issued. 

If they send a return shipping label you will have 5 days, to get it to a shipper's location or schedule pickup.  Once the tracking shows delivered, a refund should be issued.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Fraudulent actions

That seller's return policy gave me a good hearty laugh. They think they are going to charge a 15% restocking fee and then they say they'll withhold original shipping from a refund... but the listing says they offer 30 day returns where the seller pays. I guess they don't get not as described cases, but when they do they'll find out a few things.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Fraudulent actions

If you like the item and the plug is the only problem you can buy an adapter or change the cord cap assuming the flat iron works on dual voltage, 110v-220v. Ask the seller for a partial refund to cover the cost.

It also looks like the feedback from the seller is more than 30 days old, so you may possibly be past the ebay's 30 day MBG protection period depending on the delivery date.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Fraudulent actions

@kitschy*loot,

The seller's TOS may make us laugh, but to someone like @colus.zfecsy , who may not have read the terms or time frames of the Money back Guarantee, they may seem scary.  I meant to post a link to it this morning, but apparently forgot to.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 8
latest reply