cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud

I purchased an item from a fraudulent seller who has not honored the warranty, or refunded me  and messaged me that the item is no longer available. However they are still listing the item as 116 available, so I contacted eBay about this fraudulent listing for assistance and to prevent others from this fraud and was told that they would investigate this. All I received was the stupid message below and no resolution. Maybe its time to stop using eBay as there is no buyer support anymore. eBay is assisting this seller in perpetrating this fraudulent act by doing nothing. Don't buy anything with a warranty listed on eBay, they will leave you hanging if the seller does not honor the warranty.

We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Fraud

Ebay warranties are not worth the paper they are written on, unless the seller is an official rep for the mgfr.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Fraud

@markbcohen-cmt 

If you purchased a third-party warranty, contact the warranty service directly.

eBay's money back guarantee, which is not a warranty, only applies in the first thirty days after receipt of the item.

Manufacturer's warranties typically only apply if you purchase the item from an authorized dealer; check with the manufacturer to see what your options are.

A warranty is only as good as the reputation of whoever offers it. A claim of a two year warranty made by a random seller on eBay is not worth much. Neither you nor eBay can force the seller to honor the warranty if the seller disappears or ignores you.

You may have some protection from PayPal or your payment method; PayPal and many credit cards may offer up to six months protection for your purchases. After that you options are limited.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Fraud

I did not purchase  a third party warranty. The listing back when I purchased the item on eBay in late 2022 showed a 10 Year warranty from the seller, and the current listing from that same seller still shows a 10 year warranty. The purchase from November 2022 is too far back to get assistance from PayPal. eBay by not de-listing this seller with its fraudulent listing is only assisting this seller in committing fraud on others.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Fraud

The listing back when I purchased the item on eBay in late 2022 showed a 10 Year warranty from the seller

Unless the seller was an authorized representative of the manufacturer, such a claim is worthless and should not have been accepted at face value.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Fraud

"Sounds like the warranty is from the seller then...not eBay...eBay only sells what the seller is selling.

eBay does refunds for 30 days.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Fraud

@markbcohen-cmt wrote:

showed a 10 Year warranty from the seller

Unless the seller is the manufacturer or a dealer the warranty is 30 days no matter what the listing says.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Fraud

Bottom line is that the Seller is a Fraud and eBay told me that they would de-list them but has not.

Seller lied about warranty.

Seller lied about the item not being available anymore as they are still selling that item on eBay.

I contacted eBay as to prevent other Buyers from being scammed.

In my mind eBay's failure to take action against this Seller is paramount to complicity to the Seller's Fraud. 

I contacted eBay's corporate offices about this matter and received an initial reply, that did not address the issue. Never received a response to my reply email.

So no solution and will probably only use eBay as a last resort going forward after being a loyal Buyer for 15+ years, purchasing thousand of dollar worth of products per year, and recommending eBay to others.

Very Sad!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Fraud

qeqo_0
Thrill-Seeker

@markbcohen-cmt wrote:

I purchased an item from a fraudulent seller who has not honored the warranty, or refunded me  and messaged me that the item is no longer available. However they are still listing the item as 116 available 

When the fuel pump failed out on the water and had to be towed back in, the seller deflected on my lifetime warranty as well, @markbcohen-cmt.

Fortunately, one of my guests bought another of the 116 still available, to return mine for a refund. I have to wonder though, if this one will also fail again.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply