cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx tracking Issue

I purchased item, got a FedEx tracking number. Item delivered, but I didn't receive it. I have security camera shows no delivery that day.  Followed up with FedEx, was told that my tracking has a different name & address in my town. I told ebay, they want me to sign a declaration return it with proof of my identity, etc. They want me to do the work, when all they have to do is call FedEx themselves and Fedex will tell them that that tracking number I got is not for me or my address. They don't have to disclose the actual person & address the tracking is really for.  But, it definitely is not my item at all. The seller is not responding either. Because, it seems like ebay is not doing more and siding with unscrupulous sellers. I could understand a misdelivery, This is not the case. I have been assigned someone's tracking number in my town. I need help.. I have to be the one doing all the work because it's my money I'm losing over this. My last recourse will be to get a lawyer. The proof is there, but ebay have to help me do the work, and not brush it under the rug, and close valid cases.  If I lose this case. I will have to appeal and will be contacting a lawyer.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

FedEx tracking Issue

eBay is not going to make any phone calls -- you will likely have to go to FedEx in person to get the documentation you need to fight this and get your money back.

Good advice for dealing with false tracking can be found in the marked solution to this thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/I-tried-contacting-seller-i-tried-contacting-fedex-i-tried/m-p/...

What kind of feedback does your seller have?

You can avoid many fake tracking issues by choosing to only do business with experienced sellers that have a proven track record of delivering similar items as seen by examining the seller's feedback page, and by avoiding inexperienced sellers, sellers with patterns of negative feedback indicating serious problems, or sellers with large gaps in the selling history or recent drastic changes of seller behavior.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

FedEx tracking Issue

Sign the form and return it with a copy of your DL.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

FedEx tracking Issue

Even if eBay called FedEx, all they would be told is that they're not a party in the transaction and have no standing to get any information. Sometimes you have to do the work yourself.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

FedEx tracking Issue

@7344charlene,

The reply by kathiec, is why FedEx will not give ebay any information.  If you read the info in the link provided by eburtonlab, you will find out what you need to do to get information that ebay will accept, in order to file an appeal, or if you have lost an appeal to be able to get resolution from one of the reps on their social media sites.

The social media reps are actual ebay employees, whereas the phone/chat center reps work for a 3rd party call/chat center contracted by ebay, most likely located in another country,  and can only deal with issues covered by the play book they are given. The social media reps do have the power to reverse a lost dispute and/or its appeal, and to issue refunds.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply