cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake tracking number scam with usps

So I purchased a Ghostbusters Movie Proton pack on 4-13-2023 on the 17th no shipping details and I messaged the seller.  I get a generic message stating it will update as soon as it is shipped.  Then 21st get notification my item has shipped but no tracking information or anything.  It goes passed the estimated arrival date via eBay so I click haven’t received item.  Which starts the 3 days for the seller to respond.  The last day they respond with a tracking number claiming item arrived on the 19th(4-19-2023). To same city and zip.  Item has never arrived and usps does not have a Time Machine to deliver packages two days prior to the item actually shipping.  So get email from eBay this morning 4-30-2023 1am that my case is closed and sided with seller due to shipping tracking being provided and delivered (fake tracking).  I submit appeal.  Then appeal came back siding with seller over same false information.  Here are screen shots of issue.  There seem to be a lot of sellers on eBay with same item with less than 100% positive feedback due to same issue.  A money racket between $15-$20 range.  Figure this will help someone in the future.  Tomorrow Monday 5-1-2023 going to post office to get their information on the tracking number to find actual address.  Also file police report with the Maize Ks police department on consumer fraud.  Also there feedback rating went back to 100% when I left a negative feedback.  

a few links in connection to ongoing issue.

https://abc11.com/tracking-number-scam-ebay-scams-shipped-to-wrong-address/11155897/

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2021/5/1621470440.html

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/One-after-another-scammer-from-Israel/td-p/32745280

IMG_2981.png

IMG_2982.png

IMG_3009.png

IMG_3010.png

IMG_3011.png

IMG_3012.png

IMG_3013.png

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Fake tracking number scam with usps

I honestly can not imagine any seller putting their account at risk over $16.00 by setting up the FTS - could this be a simple error in addressing?

I mean, if you are going to risk something as important as your account, wouldn't you go big?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

This is what call low level crimes.  anything over $500 is a felony in this country.  So if you kit 200 people or more in a few weeks or months with $15-$20 transactions of not getting items or a couple after the ebay grace period then any thing it a profit I assume.  there account has only had activity for two months.  I'm not a criminal so I cant analyze the mind of these people.  But verified through post master item was not addressed to me and my name wasn't the recipient on the package.  Ebay also confirmed the dimensions of the package send didn't fit the size of package ordered.  one that fits in the palm of your hand isn't big enough for a backpack sized item.  Common sense now!

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Jeez, takes all kinds I guess.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

So here is an update now is the battle of getting ebay to make the negative feedback stick.  The seller which stole from ebay has requested to make feedback invisible or hidden.  so to anyone who goes to buy from this person will see 100 positive and get fooled.  trying to find a place where the seller name can be listed so people may reference before buying.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Greets to all who experience this; I just have for the first time. 2/21 I bought a low-dollar t-shirt from someone who lists several as well as military patches. Few sales, mostly good feedback but at 90% because of the overall number and one negative (I seldom check feedback unless some issue arises- scam sellers I don't usually encounter). Just after, item marked as 'shipped', no track number. I checked the box on my runs into town; not yet. Last week I wrote to the seller in enquiry. They sent a pic of a self-service USPS kiosk receipt, sent to my address, a few bucks. They said 'track no. at the bottom'. No- that's the receipt no, and USPS itself says it can be tracked with the proper no. or through a myUSPS account. Immediately- this is a month late- ebay abstract says 'seller updated track no.'- with that recpt no. The 'track' link gets the red USPS 'label created, not in system'. Prima facie, you'd take it all for granted- but- what could happen, and likely did- seller went to self-serve, bought postage; apparently did NOT drop the piece into the mail, or it would have gone somewhere. Paid with credit card. For 3 bucks, that can be recovered from their bank on a claim, they kept the balance from the deal. They bought a RECEIPT to show as proof, but WITHOUT proof of actual posting- and they waited until I spoke up to throw me the essentially fake number when getting caught. Ebay did their 3 day look, and refunded. This was straight up fraud. The seller knew of how to do things since starting in 2014. Everything gets tracked, or at least don't substitute an errant number claiming it's right. That was just the receipt- for a purchase untracked. This 'dawg' person has yet to contact me to sort it; their feedback reflects another such case- and the seller complained of 'only $15', and 'how do I know, I'm not USPS', and called that buyer a 'mental patient' and 'paranoid'. Some folks don't like getting busted- this is just as shoplifters get indignant when caught. I'd really like this person's address, for filing a fraud complaint with their D.A. The elaborate Russian title of the piece makes it look legit and comprehensive. Now it simply looks like a fraudster of the same ilk. Be advised. Get a real track number right away or pose serious questions (legit sellers will tell you ahead, as when you get a simple, first class letter type thing, and you can agree to that. This one didn't.)

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply