cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

I bought a beverage coaster set. I never received the package so at this point, the seller has $12.86 of my money and my package "supposedly" was delivered to a different address on a different road. No one at the USPS would help and no one with my card that I paid with, would help. Governor Shapiros office did NOT help. So I am assuming its OK to take someone elses money, send the item to a totally different road and its OK through eBay.  My money was taken from me and I DONT have the product.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

Request USPS to do a GPS for the delivery location, request a written statement from USPS stating that it was not delivered to your address.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

The post master told me that the driver did that, but I walked to my mailbox immediately after getting the USPS tracking information that it was delivered to my mailbox and my mailbox and my porch  were empty.  Someone is lying to me I don’t have my coaster set and I am out $12.86 and that is theft. 

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

@bowmanfamily wrote:

The post master told me that the driver did that, but I walked to my mailbox immediately after getting the USPS tracking information that it was delivered to my mailbox and my mailbox and my porch  were empty.  

When tracking shows Delivered but the postmaster reveals that it was delivered to another address @bowmanfamily click RETURN THIS ITEM to start a Return Request. 

• Found a better price - return item
  • Changed my mind - return item
  • Ordered by mistake - return item
  • Don’t like it - return item
  • Doesn't fit - return item
  • Arrived damaged - return item
  • Missing parts or pieces - nothing to return
  • Item is defective - return item
  • Received wrong item - return item
  • Doesn't match description or photos - return item

Select MISSING PARTS OR PIECES from the list of reasons, enter a comment, upload a photo, and click Submit. After 3 business days, go back to click Ask eBay to step in, to find out what eBay wants you do.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

We get it.  You are justifiably upset.  But how about following the suggestion from ed8108? 

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

Seems like you may have missed a point.  The OP has nothing to return.  It was NOT delivered to him.  

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

@sdneped wrote:

@bowmanfamily wrote:

The post master told me that the driver did that, but I walked to my mailbox immediately after getting the USPS tracking information that it was delivered to my mailbox and my mailbox and my porch  were empty.  

When tracking shows Delivered but the postmaster reveals that it was delivered to another address @bowmanfamily click RETURN THIS ITEM to start a Return Request. 

• Found a better price - return item
  • Changed my mind - return item
  • Ordered by mistake - return item
  • Don’t like it - return item
  • Doesn't fit - return item
  • Arrived damaged - return item
  • Missing parts or pieces - nothing to return
  • Item is defective - return item
  • Received wrong item - return item
  • Doesn't match description or photos - return item

Select MISSING PARTS OR PIECES from the list of reasons, enter a comment, upload a photo, and click Submit. After 3 business days, go back to click Ask eBay to step in, to find out what eBay wants you do.

eBay has use cases @bowmanfamily where a return is appropriate 

sasa790592_0-1690227409873.jpeg

such as when tracking shows delivered somewhere, but you have nothing to return.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

Actually, did you add the last sentence about when tracking shows delivered somewhere, or was that part of Brittanie of eBay's message? 

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

I finally got a photo of the package , the package has my tracking number on it but another roads address nearby with someone else’s name 

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

The photo was from the post office 

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

@bowmanfamily wrote:

@bowmanfamily 

I'm confused. Your carrier went to the delivery point, took a photo of your package but didn't pick it up and bring it to you... only sent a copy of the photo to your Post Office?

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

@soh.maryl wrote:

Actually, did you add the last sentence about when tracking shows delivered somewhere, or was that part of Brittanie of eBay's message? 

@soh.maryl 

I remember that message, as I was in on that thread. No... the lower body copy was not Brittanie's.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@bowmanfamily wrote:

@bowmanfamily 

I'm confused. Your carrier went to the delivery point, took a photo of your package but didn't pick it up and bring it to you... only sent a copy of the photo to your Post Office? 

For several years now, the USPS processing plants have been storing photos of packages and their shipping labels* as they pass through the sorting equipment, which can be pulled up for display at any post office.

This should make it harder and harder for the USPS fake tracking scams to succeed.

*plus recording their weight and dimensions -- the full report is about 4 pages for each package

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@soh.maryl wrote:

@soh.maryl 

I remember that message, as I was in on that thread. No... the lower body copy was not Brittanie's.

Which is why both say "such as" to indicate it's an example.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

FRAUDULENT EBAY SELLER

If no one would help you at USPS how do you know it was delivered to a different address? Maybe it was delivered and nabbed by a mailbox bandit or a porch pirate? 

Message 15 of 29
latest reply