cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expensive item damaged in post, poorly packaged

Hi

Seeking advice please.

I purchase a sticker album for just over £100.

As this was an expensive item and i have had similar items damaged in the post i decided to contact the seller and ask them to package well; they assured me they would.

For a rare item of such value i would have thought it would be obvious to pack it so it wasnt damaged and I had assumed they would pack it with hard material around it, however they sent in a standard jiffy bag with "Do not bend" written on it. 

The item has arrived and has been bent twice.

Would appreciate advice on options open to me.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@englishgentuk 

You can either keep it or return it for a refund.

Go to the resolution center below and select, the item doesn't match the description.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Your options are to keep the item or return it by filing a return request using the appropriate NAD reason and the seller will be required to pay the return shipping if they want it returned.  The seller may offer a partial refund but that is their decision and you are not required to accept it.

I always recommend that both buyers and sellers familiarize themselves with the terms of MBG.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

some sellers think that is their best.  I've received so many broken items, that i buy very little on eBay.  Most people have no clue what safe shipping is-and it not packed in your trash.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply