cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay isn't sending my packages to me, or refunding me. It's getting ridiculous.

I'll try to be as brief and as calm as I can, given the infuriating circumstances.

There's a phone I am trying to get. An LG VX9900. I need it for a film shoot.

So a while ago, I ordered one. The first red flag was the item status saying "was scheduled for...", with no further elaboration. What does that mean "was"? Then something weird happened; it said "delivered" but it had not arrived. I opened a "I did not receive the item" which went nowhere.

I checked the item tracking. It said it is in Illinois; "left with individual".  I am in Canada.

It was supposed to get here via their "international hub" in Illinois. I really don't see why an American seller can't just ship directly to a Canadian buyer, but fine. I contacted Asendia who was in charge of the tracking. They sent an e-mail back saying the package "didn't pass customs", it was "rejected". They gave me some international ebay shipping email handle and told me to email them about "how to move forward with the rejected packages". I did, twice. No response, still to this day.

I tried contacting someone on ebay. Their "contact page" consistently just leads to an error page- "Oops, we had a technical hiccup". 

Nonetheless, twice I interacted with someone on eBay's end, despite how impossible they are to get ahold of. Both times they did nothing that helped and were probably just trying to get rid of me. The first person I talked to said they were going to open a return request on my behalf, assuring me that I'm under their "buyer protection". After a few days, I noticed it said they were waiting for me. To send back the item, for return.

I do not have the item; that is the entire problem.

The second person reached me on the phone. They told me to send a very specific message to the seller about how to get a refund, which I did, and the seller just got upset with me. That went nowhere either.

The seller was not even remotely cooperative which didn't help, but it's not the seller's fault really.

The "return window" has now passed. To this day, I still have not gotten the item nor a refund for it. 80$ gone.

So of course I ordered another one, because above getting a refund I actually need the thing, making sure this time it was from a different seller. Same song and dance. "Was scheduled", sent to the same international hub in Glendale IL, says "Your item was delivered!!" when it was not. Now I opened a "I did not receive the item" case, which at this point, says "your attention is required". And when I click "see details", consistently, every time, "Oops, we had a technical hiccup." Then there's a link to contact them which literally just reloads the page. So whatever they require my attention for, literally, because of their nonfunctioning website, I cannot give my attention to. And I strongly suspect that's going to be used to yet again dodge giving me a refund.

A third one that I ordered as a backup has already shipped. Or, "was scheduled" at least. Guess where they shipped it to? 🙂 thaaat's right, their international shipping hub in Glendale IL.

First of all, I have spent several hundreds of dollars now trying to get this thing. I'm a pretty low-income guy, so that's a lot of money for me, and as of now, it is money stolen. There is no other way to describe this than theft. They don't send me my items and they won't resolve the issue for me, give me my money back, or even tell me what's going on.

Second of all, I need this thing by June and I've been trying to order one since March. It is getting out of hand.

Seriously, what is happening? Is someone at this international hub swiping my parcels? That's literally the only thing I can think of because nothing like this has happened to me before and it is happening consistently, every time, at this specific hub.

I have been a frequent ebay customer for years and am sincerely considering never using this website again because they have literally scammed me in the same way twice in a row, and I can tell it's going to happen a third time. Where are my items? Where is my refund for the items not recieved? Where are the live people I can contact to sort this out? How is ebay okay with this happening to one of their customers?

I NEED HELP.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Ebay isn't sending my packages to me, or refunding me. It's getting ridiculous.

You won't find real help here. The forum is run by paid ebay shills who also act as the moderators with multiple accounts. They will lie and tell you that is not true but the only thing you can do is go make a police report. Yes make a police report. Tell ebay you need their file document uploader to upload it to them to use it in your appeals. You just won since you made the police report, there's nothing they can do. Make sure in the police report you blame ebay for the blatant theft. 

You will probably get a refund before that If you just keep calling and calling and calling,  somebody will eventually take care of it but you must be persistent since ebay is one big con at this point surviving on return fraud.  They have failed miserably at e-commerce and they have no plans on getting any better since being ethical would now put them out of business. 

Oh and I almost forgot The seller doesn't care because once the package arrives at the hub they no longer have any more obligation or responsibility to the package if it gets lost stolen mistreated etc. 

Perhaps you could also file some form of insurance with ebay's shipping service.

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Re: Ebay isn't sending my packages to me, or refunding me. It's getting ridiculous.

Sounds like the sellers you're buying from are using eBay's International Shipping. eBay's international shipping hub is in Glendale Illinois. Once the items are delivered to that hub the seller is no longer responsible, eBay handles the transaction from the hub. 

From that hub items will be shipped to you. 

If you aren't not getting your items eBay should refund you, but you have to open cases within 30 days of the last estimated date of delivery. 

If you don't get your refund, file a chargeback with your credit card. 

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

@jimmy1000000 

Incorrect...I do not get paid by eBay. I volunteer my advice and assistance.

Are you being paid to post here? 

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

Well then perhaps stop wasting your time because many many of you are paid by eBay in a recorded phone call with a higher up with eBay US call center they admitted it to me. 

And don't forget eBay will also stalk you if they don't like you..lol

File a police report with eBay is the best way and the fastest. And it's the only way eBay will learn. IC3 reports are also necessary. 

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Sellers do not want to ship direct due to the exact reason you are not getting the packages. If customs restricts it, it is a total loss usually for a seller. With EIS, the sellers responsibility ends at the EIS shipping center. The first delivery you are seeing is the delivery to the EIS. That is usually followed by more tracking by another company that delivers outside the USA. If your items are getting restricted by customs, then Ebay should be refunding you on their dime. I believe you do have to file an INR though. I have had this happen on multiple occasions and the buyers got their money back from Ebay (EIS).

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

@helja.w.x7qw3dx9f1 wrote:

I'll try to be as brief and as calm as I can, given the infuriating circumstances.

There's a phone I am trying to get. An LG VX9900. I need it for a film shoot.

I opened a "I did not receive the item" which went nowhere.

I checked the item tracking. It said it is in Illinois; "left with individual".  I am in Canada.

It was supposed to get here via their "international hub" in Illinois. I contacted Asendia who was in charge of the tracking. They sent an e-mail back saying the package "didn't pass customs", it was "rejected".

twice I interacted with someone on eBay's end, despite how impossible they are to get ahold of. Both times they did nothing that helped and were probably just trying to get rid of me. The first person I talked to said they were going to open a return request on my behalf, assuring me that I'm under their "buyer protection". After a few days, I noticed it said they were waiting for me. To send back the item, for return.

HI @helja.w.x7qw3dx9f1 . Something went wrong here. These situations are generally handled without problems when the buyer files an Item Not Received (INR) claim.

First phone:

You said you filed one and it "went nowhere" - what does that mean?

When you file the INR, you often have to go back into the claim and escalate by clicking the "ask eBay to step in" after a few days. Did you do that?

It kind of sounds like the INR timed out due to inactivity - is that correct? If not, what happened - why did it "go nowhere"?

Second, CS was very, very wrong when they said opening a return request was the best course of action, then opening that request on your behalf. (Tagging devon@ebay to have that CS communication reviewed for better training.)

At this point, you'll probably have to go to your payment provider and file a claim.

You can take one last stab at contacting eBay CS and asking them to file an appeal on the INR - but that's only if it was found against you, not if it was timed out due to inactivity. If you decide to try that I suggest sending a DM to one of eBay's social CS teams: ebayforbusiness on facebook or askebay on X

Second phone:

Is the INR still open? If so, I suggest contacting eBay CS through social to get this escalated since the site is giving you so many tech errors. That CS team can also escalate the tech error problem if you ask them to.

Final aspect:

Since both phones were rejected at customs, sounds like there is a problem with either importing that item (have you checked Canadian customs import laws?) or with the customs paperwork (if that's the case, it should say so when you track the package at parcelsapp.com and while it can happen, it would be odd to happen on 2 shipments in a row).

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

You believed someone who works at a call center in the Philippines who is trained to tell you what you want to hear? LMAO. 🤣 

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Could it be a problem when it switches hands with "Asendia"?

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Nope US phone rep. Texas..... 

The topic of conversation was the paid shills deleting the posts of me exposing them for schilling and berating ebays victims on this forum. 

As we are witnessing now. 

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Why are you shilling so hard for ebay?

eBay has flat-out stolen from this person due to their automated return system. 

They (you Lol)  automated return fraud in order to survive. This is why this person has received no help and the automated system has committed internet fraud to them.

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Half dozen of one six of the other.  

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Let's say that person used a bank card. Not a credit card. The bank will then freeze that card. Not so convenient. No?

Wouldn't it be best just for ebay not to steal like that?  

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This discussion has gotten a bit heated. Please remember that, while it is fine to disagree with others, discussion should always remain friendly and respectful as required by the Community Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

Your order was shipped by Ebay International Shipping, a freight forwarding service run by Ebay.

Many Ebay sellers use it because they do not wish to learn export and customs regulations and because it offers them greater protections from loss than shipping directly.

You are provided with an estimated delivery date before you order. EIS shipment usually arrive before that date has passed.

There is no promise that it will arrive earlier than the EDD. You cannot assume there will not be an apparent pause in the package's progress, either before or after it reaches Canadian Customs.

There are no live people to sort this out. If it does not arrive by the EDD you can file an Ebay Moneyback Guarantee Claim.

You have not described a situation in which anything has gone wrong. You appear to have improper expectations or are making unwarranted assumption.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply