cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Changed "Completed Seach" spot and it is A ROYAL PAIN with added step!!!!!!!!!!

The ONE THING I do the very most on Ebay, and I am sure a lot of us use is the use the COMPLETED HIGHEST PRICE FIRST SEARCH.  I use it Gazillions of times a day.  When I am out looking for things to purchase, and find something that looks interesting, I do a quick check to see what an item is bringing on Ebay.  I check to see what is the upper end brought, so I can decide whether I want to purchase that item, and find out how much is safe to pay.  Well a couple of weeks ago there was a change to the search procedure on my phone.  Whereby earlier I could fill out my search information, scroll down to sold and complete, go up and hit highest price and I was there.  As of a couple of weeks ago, now I have to hit filter, scroll down and AND CLICK ON SHOW MORE, go get to the Sold section way down toward The Bottom.  SINCE I'M SURE THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST USED BUTTONS, WHY CAN'T THAT BE CLOSE TO THE TOP, AND WITH AS FEW STEPS AS POSSIBLE??????????????????  Probably no chance of ever getting that changed I suppose..........................Just dreaming.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ebay Changed "Completed Seach" spot and it is A ROYAL PAIN with added step!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the repeat.  I didn't think it sent, and don't see a remove button.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Ebay Changed "Completed Seach" spot and it is A ROYAL PAIN with added step!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I noticed that too. It reminds me of when the grocery store rearranges the aisles where items are located. 

I have never understood that. People are creatures of habit and dislike the status quo being changed. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The eBay app has some customization of the filters -- one option is to "expand all filters", so that you do not need to use the "show more" button. Of course you will still need to scroll down to reach the completed and sold options.

If you always prefer a particular sort or other filter setting such as item location, you can lock those settings to make them the defaults if you enable that feature.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, so how would one go about setting the default on a phone to "sold, highest first?"

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@01a* 

so how would one go about setting the default on a phone to "sold, highest first?"

First, do a search. Tap the "Filter" menu and scroll down to the "Customize" section, tap that and select "Expand All Filters" and "Lockable Filters" so that both of those options are "on". Go back to the "Filter" menu, select the Sort and choose Highest First and tap the lock icon make that the default sort option. Go back to the "Filter" menu and scroll down to select "Sold" and "Completed", and tap the lock icons for each of those as well.

Here is what that should look like:

sold completed locked.jpg

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Much appreciated.  That will save me a long of headache and time.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply