cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did eBay or the seller refund me?

Bought a book for $3.90 with free shipping. Received the wrong book (completely different title and softcover instead of hardcover.) Opened a return request and was refunded within minutes. 

Message with the refund says, "Good News! For being a regular buyer on eBay and a valued customer, we've issued a refund and you get to keep the item too."

So, was the refund auto-approved by eBay or the seller? I'm curious because the seller's feedback has comments from other buyers complaining that they had to actually return the book before getting a refund -- even though it makes no sense for the seller to pay shipping both ways on a cheap book.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Did eBay or the seller refund me?

Sounds like it was the seller.   eBay has issued " no fault " refunds for disputes but yours seems to just be a shipping mix up. Your right, not worth the cost to get it back.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Sounds like it was the seller.   eBay has issued " no fault " refunds for disputes but yours seems to just be a shipping mix up. Your right, not worth the cost to get it back.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

In some cases if they only have one copy they might have wanted to back to send to the correct buyer?  Mix ups like that are costly in both profit and feedback.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply