cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Preferences > Competing Offers

Communication Preferences > Buying Activity > Competing Offers

"Competing Offers" is a recent addition. It's separate from "Offers to buyers" and "second chance offers" Can you tell us what that setting controls devon@ebay kyle@ebay ?

I've asked a few experienced buyers and sellers, but none of them had an answer. The best guess I've seen so far is maybe eBay is now alerting buyers when another buyer makes an offer on an item from their watch list?

commpreferences-buyingactivity-competingoffers.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Communication Preferences > Competing Offers

@valueaddedresource wrote:

I'd be interested in reading that if you have a link handy.

Found it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ebay/comments/1cbfoes/auction_bots_reacting_immediately_after_my_offer/

I'm unclear if it's talking about "make offer" or if it's talking about placing a bid because "auction" was referenced. Seems eburtonlab came to the same conclusion based on the comment to the post.

Could be a buyer that's auto-outbid by someone else's proxy. The way it reads to me it's about auction bids, not best offer. 🤷

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@wastingtime101 looks like the OP on that reddit thread has confirmed they were talking about auction bids, not offers.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Hi devon@ebay . Any chance you've found someone at eBay that knows what this "competing offers" communication preference controls? What messages it triggers to buyers?

GLORIOUS!

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hi devon@ebay . Any chance you've found someone at eBay that knows what this "competing offers" communication preference controls? What messages it triggers to buyers?

Hey @wastingtime101! I have not been able to get any more insight on this as of yet but I will message the Product team again to see if I hear back!  

Devon,
eBay
Message 19 of 19
latest reply