cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I return the package without even opening?

Im from India and I purshased a spare part for my smartphone and its been shipped from US. The spare part that I ordered had been advertised incorrectly, I needed a Google Pixel 5 display, and when i ordered it the seller advertised and still it is being advertised as Google Pixel 5 screen but it is a Google Pixel 1 screen and I confirmed it with the seller. The package is still in shipment and its been 21 days. Im not able to contact ebay or cancel the prodcut. I purshed another product on the same day and it has been delivered today and i dont even see "Order delivered" for that. My question is when the product arrives can i just not get it from the delivery guy or do I have to get the product from him and wait for ebay to update my page list and then do I have cancel? and also I have customs fee that I have to pay when the product is been handed to me, so im not sure if I cancel the product , the customs will return my money and even if they do Im not sure how long it will take, because this is India.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

A buyer cannot cancel an order. A buyer can request to cancel an order before the item ships by contacting the seller, but the seller does not have to comply.  You have to move on from the cancel idea as that won't happen.

When you receive the item, if the item was not as advertised/described by the seller, you can submit a return request. Go to your Purchase History and click on More Actions. Select Return This Item. Select Item is Not As Described as the return reason.

The seller will have 3 days to provide a return shipping label or a refund.

You can come back here with further questions concerning the return request process. 

Posting ID
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@criash-wdngw,

" My question is when the product arrives can i just not get it from the delivery guy or do I have to get the product from him and wait for ebay to update my page list and then do I have cancel? and also I have customs fee that I have to pay when the product is been handed to me, so im not sure if I cancel the product , the customs will return my money and even if they do Im not sure how long it will take, because this is India".

If you refuse to accept the package, you will lose your ebay Money Back Guarantee (MBG) protections. You will have to accept the package, then do as lakefor94 wrote, and file a not as described claim once the tracking updates to show a delivered scan.

Once you file the dispute, the seller will have 3 days to respond by asking you to get the return international shipping cost with tracking, to their U.S. location, so they can send the funds to you, or by getting ebay to send you a label.  They can also issue a full refund which should include the customs fees.  If the seller does not respond in any way, on day 4 or the date ebay says you can, Ask Us to step in, you can use that button and ebay will take care of your refund, and take the funds from the seller's account. 

In most cases a seller from one country, cannot purchase shipping labels from another country's postal service. If they used a private service UPS, FedEx, DHL... , they should be able to do that, to send a return shipping label.  Just put a return label on the package you received, and once the tracking has a delivered scan, your payment including customs fees should be refunded. You may want to try contacting someone from your customs service to find out how to get their fees refunded for an item you are returning.

If the seller used eBay's International Shipping (EIS) service, where they send an item to ebay's hub in the seller's country, where it is then forwarded to your country. Your estimated customs fees should have been included in the sale / shipping cost, and will be refunded when the package is returned or if the seller issues a refund.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I got the package today (Feb 19) and I still haven't opened it, in ebay when I click on retun package it says ""It's too early to start a return, You can start a return on Mar 4."". I have seperatley paid for the customs too. Im not sure how long should I wait for this.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply