cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying from a scamster

Auction said lot of six, buyer sends three. I want my money back. he's a scamster. first he didn't have what he had listed? he said could he send the regular. I said ok. then he emailed again, said oh I'm sorry there not ten ounce, their 8. Ok I said. then he sends three instead of 6. Heres my question. I want a refund, but once I complained and asked for a refund, the item disappears from my purchase history? where can I find it? am I missing something? somewhere to look? this is the second time this has happened to me. I've been on ebay 20 years? what in the heck is going on. thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Buying from a scamster

Not sure why it would disappear from your 'my ebay' under 'purchases' as I've never seen that in 20+ years; but you could always open a case on paypal, return them for a full refund (follow pp prompts). 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Go to the bottom of page and click on resolution center. Or go to the help and contact at the top of the page and click on that and type in resolution center.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

You say, "I complained and asked for a refund . . . "

Do you mean you sent a message to the seller and asked them--in the message--for a refund? Or do you mean you filed a formal request for a refund in eBay's Resolution Center? Big difference--and we need to know which you did in order to respond correctly.

If you filed for a refund in eBay's Resolution Center, what date did you file it? When you file a formal request, the seller has a certain number of business days to respond to the request, and the process continues on from there. 

If you filed that request, the item may have moved out of the "Orders" section in your Purchase History and into the "Returns and canceled orders" section. Have you looked in that section?

Another reason items disappear from Purchase History is when the seller and/or the listing have been removed by eBay, usually for a policy violation. Can you still see other item listings for that seller? eBay usually sends the buyer an email when a listing is removed. Since you've already received something from the seller, I'm not sure quite what happens in that scenario.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I emailed the seller. where do I find the resolution center?
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

thank you guys. help at the top of what page?
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I see it everyone! thank you!!! I'm moving on to do something, because this time i'm furious. thank you
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

when I went to resolution center and clicked on the item, it said a refund has been issued. check your pay pal account. Not there , been half an hour. is that too soon for it to show up? I do not trust this guy or ebay anymore.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

The refund would be issued through Paypal and will go back to your original funding source so if you paid with a credit card, it will take time to show up.  I don't know quickly it shows up if you paid from funds in your Paypal account.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@grasshopperx wrote:
when I went to resolution center and clicked on the item, it said a refund has been issued. check your pay pal account. Not there , been half an hour. is that too soon for it to show up? I do not trust this guy or ebay anymore.

@grasshopperx 

Yes--way too soon. Refunds are not instantaneous. You'll get an email from PayPal announcing the refund.

I'm really glad to decided to post on the discussion board for assistance so I could explain how to file for a refund in the Resolution Center! Glad I could help!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@grasshopperx wrote:
when I went to resolution center and clicked on the item, it said a refund has been issued. check your pay pal account.

Yes grasshopper, refunds are instantaneous.

If you paid $50 with PayPal,

1. Find your original $50 payment at PayPal,

2. click on that $50 payment, and

3. you will see This Payment Has Been Refunded.

Otherwise, if you didn't pay with PayPal, the refund won't show up at PayPal.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@grasshopperx,

" I want a refund, but once I complained and asked for a refund, the item disappears from my purchase history? where can I find it?"

If an item disappears from your purchase history it is because ebay has pulled it.  However, the item number and other info is given on the PayPal transaction, and you can use that info to file a dispute on ebay.  When filing with ebay because you did not receive the whole order, do not use Item Not Received.  The correct dispute is Not As Described, because the order was for 6 items. 

"when I went to resolution center and clicked on the item, it said a refund has been issued. check your pay pal account. Not there , been half an hour. is that too soon for it to show up?

Refunds do not always show up immediately, and where the refund is given/shown will depend on how the payment was funded.

"For purchases made with your credit or debit card, the refund can take up to 30 days to show up on your account. If you bought the item using your bank account or PayPal balance, the balance will be credited to your PayPal account. Funds can take three to five days to arrive in your account."

"I do not trust this guy or ebay anymore."

You've been an ebay member for 20 years and haven't read the terms of their Money Back Guarantee or PayPal's buyer protections?  As a seller on the site, I would think that by now you would have familiarized yourself with the protection policies, so you would know how to handle disputes if one were to be filed.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@alseyf-73 wrote:

@grasshopperx wrote:
when I went to resolution center and clicked on the item, it said a refund has been issued. check your pay pal account.

@grasshopperx 

Again, no, refunds are not instantaneous. See @mudshark61369's quote of the pertinent verbiage in Message #12 above:

"For purchases made with your credit or debit card, the refund can take up to 30 days to show up on your account. If you bought the item using your bank account or PayPal balance, the balance will be credited to your PayPal account. Funds can take three to five days to arrive in your account."

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

thank you guys for all your help. I did figure it out. I never return anything. I try never to cause waves, But I still cant understand where and why the purchase item disappears too? Finally I found it in pp, but why does ebay take it off your purchase list? poof gone? last xmas I really wanted to return something. It became so complicated, I gave up and gave it away for presents. I've been here 20 years... usually I never have any issues. One time I ordered some bubble wrap, never got it. the guy had a heart attack. pretty good luck on here for 20 years. thanks everyone.!!!!! xoxo
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@alseyf-73 wrote:

@grasshopperx wrote:

If you paid $50 with PayPal,

1. Find your original $50 payment at PayPal,

2. click on that $50 payment, and

3. you will see This Payment Has Been Refunded.

Otherwise, if you didn't pay with PayPal, the refund won't show up at PayPal.

Not inclined to make triple screenshots (refund at eBay, arrives at PayPal, credited at credit card) solely for the benefit of the unbelievers.

But for the majority living in the real world, the refunds of our PayPal payments are instantaneous, e.g. this goaded example.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply