cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying- Auction

Hi All,

Could anyone please help me as i am new to Ebay, what can we do if a seller increase the item +shipping cost after we raised a bid .

Ex: yesterday i raised a bid for an item on 5USD... but tomorrow the seller may increase the price upto 8USD and shipping cost too...

However if we won the game of auction it is not fair to the final amount that we agreed to pay the initial amount that was on the beginning of auction...

Please help me for this..

thanking you all

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Buying- Auction

If this is an Auction the seller cannot increase the shipping charges once there is a bid. Also, sellers cannot increase a bid, but other buyers can.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Buying- Auction

Being that you are located where you are, could it be that you just didn't have the correct shipping address entered until after you had won the auction?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Buying- Auction

Bingo!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Buying- Auction

you should contact ebay representative . they always support us

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Buying- Auction

@prikum_19 wrote:

Hi All,

Could anyone please help me as i am new to Ebay, what can we do if a seller increase the item +shipping cost after we raised a bid .

Ex: yesterday i raised a bid for an item on 5USD... but tomorrow the seller may increase the price upto 8USD and shipping cost too...

However if we won the game of auction it is not fair to the final amount that we agreed to pay the initial amount that was on the beginning of auction...

Please help me for this..

thanking you all

What do you mean by that? If it's an auction, you don't pay what it started at - you pay(if you won) at what it ENDED at.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Buying- Auction

@ra_201044 wrote:

... What do you mean by that? If it's an auction, you don't pay what it started at - you pay(if you won) at what it ENDED at...

OP knows that.  It's just more Sri Lankans thinking that posts to these forums, "helpfuls" given and received, and "badges" earned is the equivalent of seller / buyer feedback, and that they're building seller / buyer reputation and visibility with their random activity here.  It's the bill of goods they've been sold.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply