cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer trying to return a replica 335 Gibson

My buyer bought my new replica Gibson 335. It was advertised as a replica and he bought it anyway. Now he wants to return it saying it is of poor quality. It cost £300 and the real thing would cost £2700. He got exactly what he paid for.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Am fairly certain that sellers aren't allowed to list replicas, counterfeits, copies etc for sale on eBay, even if they describe the item correctly. 

Are the rules different in the UK?  

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

@tony.l.e.wilkinson 

< my new replica Gibson 335 >    

That pick guard sure doesn't look new.   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176295629417   

Has the buyer actually opened some kind of dispute through eBay?  If he has, what kind?  Your listing says no returns, so if the buyer just changed his mind, he isn't entitled to a return.  He knew the terms before he bought it, and he could see the pictures just as well as I can.   

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

Maybe you shouldn't sell Chibsons .

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

Seller listed as new.  Indicated that it played well out of the box.  Absolutely misrepresented item.

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

Gibson might too take issue with that " replica ".

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

Nice response to your other 'buyer'.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 7 of 39
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Am fairly certain that sellers aren't allowed to list replicas, counterfeits, copies etc for sale on eBay, even if they describe the item correctly. 

Sellers in the UK can selling replica guitars.  Any stringed instrument is clear.  

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia wrote:

@soh.maryl wrote:

Sellers in the UK can selling replica guitars.  Any stringed instrument is clear.  

Are they allowed to sell counterfeit? None of the pics show the headstock which mostly likely says Gibson that's why they don't show the headstock.

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

Hi @tony.l.e.wilkinson 

I am sure you pursue this on the UK site but since you posted here I have to agree with @gosimus that the guitar is NOT new by any means.  Here in the States the Buyer can file a claim that it is not as described and bypass the No returns accepted policy forcing Sellers to pay the return shipping cost ... which I can imagine for a guitar isn't cheap in any country. 

Your best bet is to accept a return and get the item back in your possession.  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 10 of 39
latest reply

You could take it back if he pays shipping, or say "no returns" and let buyer figure out the options. I, for one, do not prejudge item as not new from the pick guard. That could be lighting, or smudges from seller's limited playing to confirm working order.

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

Is this it?  The strings look worn.  Among other indicators of not new. 

tenbigdogs_0-1711603233716.jpeg

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

Buyers can return for any reason nowadays... especially if they got an item "not as described". You accept the return and refund.  

I don't see anything on your account showing you sold anything, but if you are in the UK, I can't see it if you don't sell to the US.

Looking at your feedback, though, you had a negative a year ago that you cancelled an order and your reply was "I list my items on multiple platforms to increase my chances of selling. Get your facts right and do your research before you go bad mouthing people! No one likes a snitch!! You're just one of too many keyboard warriors in this world. Just accept that you didn't win the auction and move on. Don't defame other people. Life's too short to be so petty. There's more important things in this world than not winning an auction for a second hand guitar. F***ing grow up!!"

DANG! Selling stuff is about making customers happy, not blaming them for your issues. The link @gosimus provided makes it look like a used axe, any way.

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

@stevescho wrote:

That could be lighting, or smudges from seller's limited playing to confirm working order.  

Your willingness to give the seller the benefit of the doubt is admirable.  However, I believe a scroll through the pictures, which provide views from different angles and distances, would disabuse anyone of the likelihood of that possibility.  However, it's possible that the pick guard could be technically new, and was beat all to h*ll from the get go. 

The apt observation by @solidguitar1961 that showing the headstock was deliberately avoided doesn't exactly inspire confidence in either the instrument or the seller. 

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

@gosimus wrote:

@stevescho wrote:

That could be lighting, or smudges from seller's limited playing to confirm working order.  

Your willingness to give the seller the benefit of the doubt is admirable.  However, I believe a scroll through the pictures, which provide views from different angles and distances, would disabuse anyone of the likelihood of that possibility.  However, it's possible that the pick guard could be technically new, and was beat all to h*ll from the get go. 

The apt observation by @solidguitar1961 that showing the headstock was deliberately avoided doesn't exactly inspire confidence in either the instrument or the seller. 

That's the game they play to avoid trademark disputes .

From the sellers listing

Replica 335 style semi hollow electric guitar. Headstock logo pics are available on request. Superb detail. Nice action. Plays well straight out of the box. Slim neck. Ebony finish.

Low starting price.

Will be sent via Parcelforce.

Collection available.

NB. Listed on other sites.

Message 15 of 39
latest reply