cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer did not pay or respond.Feedback states 5 other sellers did not get paid either but we cant lea

My buyer did not pay or respond to emails. I looked at feedbck, and 5 other sellers were not paid as well...we cannot lv negative feedback only hit the positive key and state non paying buyer. The feedback still claims all the positives. Something has got to change!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer did not pay or respond.Feedback states 5 other sellers did not get paid either but we cant

@starryeyedranch wrote:

My buyer did not pay or respond to emails. I looked at feedbck, and 5 other sellers were not paid as well...we cannot lv negative feedback only hit the positive key and state non paying buyer. The feedback still claims all the positives. Something has got to change!

Leaving that kind of feedback violates policy.  Only positive feedback, including positive feedback with posiive remarks can be left for buyers. Leaving a negative remark does no good and can get you a violation. Why would you want to leave a positive feedback for a non-payer?  Additionally, how many people read remarks in positive feedback?  Not many.  File UID's for non-payers.  Set your preferences to block buyers with 2 or more UID's in 12 months.  You will be able to block habitual nonpayers this way.  If those 5 sellers had done that, you would not have a non-payer to deal with.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Buyer did not pay or respond.Feedback states 5 other sellers did not get paid either but we cant

@starryeyedranch wrote:

I certainly agree with you 100%. Sellers should be able to leave negative feedback for buyers, to warn other sellers of shady buyers. But it won't be happening anytime soon.Man Mad

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@starryeyedranch wrote:

If thise 5 other sellers filed UID's instead of giving feedback, and your blocks are set properly, they would have not been allowed to bid on your auctions or BIN any of your other listings.

So forget feedback, file the UID.

@starryeyedranch wrote:

Leaving that kind of feedback violates policy.  Only positive feedback, including positive feedback with posiive remarks can be left for buyers. Leaving a negative remark does no good and can get you a violation. Why would you want to leave a positive feedback for a non-payer?  Additionally, how many people read remarks in positive feedback?  Not many.  File UID's for non-payers.  Set your preferences to block buyers with 2 or more UID's in 12 months.  You will be able to block habitual nonpayers this way.  If those 5 sellers had done that, you would not have a non-payer to deal with.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

What has to change is your use of the tools we already have. Leaving a buyer a neg doesn't keep him from doing a last second bid or a BIN.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Other sellers are your competitors, and none of them can see the complete ID of any of your buyers, anyway.

Logout of your account and then go look at feedback you have left for buyers.  All you will see is the first and last characters of the ID.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@starryeyedranch wrote:

I don't really understand what good it does you to leave a positive with a negative comment for a buyer, all you're really doing is bumping up their positive count, which they don't deserve. It will be you who gets trouble if they report what you did.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Sellers should be able to leave negative feedback for buyers, to warn other sellers of shady buyers.

Most sellers use Fixed Price listings and don't see buyer feedback until the buyer has already bought.

Buyer names in feedback is masked.

All buyers have 100% positive feedback, so a negative comment disappears quickly onto Page Two.

The ones who read FB are your future buyers.

A seller who leaves a lot of negative remarks in Responses, or as false positives, is not giving a good impression of himself to his future customers.

File the Unpaid Item Dispute. Get your fees back. Slam him with that Strike.

And set your Seller Preferences to Block automatically bids from deadbeats with Strikes.

We're all in this together--- Red Green

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

You can set your account up to turn on the unpaid item assistant so that in 3-4 days a case is automatically opened on your behalf. If the buyer does not pay within a few more days you can close the unpaid item case. This will list an unpaid item on the buyers account and give you a credit for your final value fee. Then set up your buyer requirements to block any buyers with two unpaid item cases in a 12month period. Then buyers with a habit of not paying sellers will not be able to bid on your items. Block buyers that do not pay by user name so you don't get a repeat from the same user. Bottom line is folks should not push bid if they are not prepared to buy. There might be some new users that don't understand that so manage sales case by case and possibly call the buyer. A seller wants the sale to complete because items are money and when it is bid on it is in limbo and can not be sold and also is not being paid for. It is all our jobs to ensure EBAY is an awesome marketplace for buyers and sellers so always call EBAY to report and fix issues. Headaches are part of doing business!! Good Luck

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

What? Hasn't anyone heard of buy it now? I have sold more than a few items, and I never sell anything without the buyer paying first. 

@starryeyedranch wrote:

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

People click "Buy it Now" then don't pay for the item all the time. Then you send them a message asking them to please pay and they say they get paid on friday. Then you call ebay and they say they have 5 days to pay. Then you stop selling things on ebay.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@noravoll wrote:

People click "Buy it Now" then don't pay for the item all the time....

That's because you have failed to check off "Immediate payment required." Use the tools that eBay has provided for you.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

It says I can't unless I upgrade to a premium membership.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@noravoll wrote:

It says I can't unless I upgrade to a premium membership.

You mean a premier PayPal account? It doesn't cost anything to upgrade.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always take a banana to a party, bananas are good! - Ten
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Completely agree. I've been selling for SEVENTEEN years and this is a huge sticking point with me. Why even bother with feedback at all,if you can't warn other sellers about a non compliant buyer? You just know Ebay is doing NOTHING to stop the chronic non paying bidder. I'm so tired of it. I've even started selling on local facebook sale sites because this aggravates me so much. Bonus...no fees.
Message 15 of 19
latest reply