cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bid on item only to find it for sale on poshmark

So I bid on an item and now I see it listed on poshmark, I’m currently the highest bidder on the eBay auction .  I think this is so sleazy .  Is there any way to retract your bid if the seller is listing on different sites ?   I don’t want to be involved in a mess should I win yet the seller sold the item on poshmark and tries to collect from me too. She has admitted it’s the same item. 

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bid on item only to find it for sale on poshmark

You can retract your bid since the auction hasn't ended. Just understand that if you were to win this auction and you'd already purchased the same item on another platform, the seller would simply refund you. A seller cannot just accept multiple payments for the same item without sending out duplicates. They are taking a chance by listing same item on another website but obviously they just want to sell the one item. Best of luck to you.... 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

You do know sites are used to steal listing from to SCAM you on other sites?????

Well a seller owns the item they sell and can sell it were they desire is also a option that is going on.

Then in me brick and mortar store, folks will photo items list em higher than I sell for and hope it aint sold if they do....

And so on..

It is a buyer best be careful in  situations purchasing on the Internets.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

You can retract your bid since the auction hasn't ended. Just understand that if you were to win this auction and you'd already purchased the same item on another platform, the seller would simply refund you. A seller cannot just accept multiple payments for the same item without sending out duplicates. They are taking a chance by listing same item on another website but obviously they just want to sell the one item. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

How do you retract?  I would rather just not be involved with this seller at all anywhere. Thank you

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Agree, just never saw this before and would never have thought of it myself 

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

@hespec-37 wrote:

How do you retract?  I would rather just not be involved with this seller at all anywhere. Thank you

@hespec-37 

Here's all you'll ever need to know about bid retraction. Good luck. >> Retracting a bid | eBay

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Here is the link, just follow the steps. 

Retracting a bid | eBay

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Argg not so easy, it would not let me do it , only allowed me to contact the seller.  I guess I’ll just cross my fingers that I don’t win and be more careful from now on

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Since you've already been in touch with this seller it should be easy for them to cancel your bid. Remain kind and simply explain your reticence. Let them know you no longer want this item. They would be foolish to continue the transaction after that but remain polite and non-confrontational. 

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

I did kindly request she cancel the bid. She knows I saw the other listing because I had mentioned it before .  She also knows I would have happily bought the item outright . 

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

@hespec-37 wrote:

Argg not so easy, it would not let me do it , only allowed me to contact the seller.  I guess I’ll just cross my fingers that I don’t win and be more careful from now on

Time limits do apply to retractions. contact seller and ask them to do so.

If you win ask them to cancel the sale at your request.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

eBay took care of it for me .  I need to be more careful.  Part of what worried me was the seller not responding to me anymore .  It’s all good now .  Thanks !

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

@hespec-37 wrote:

I did kindly request she cancel the bid. She knows I saw the other listing because I had mentioned it before .  She also knows I would have happily bought the item outright . 

If you 'happily would have bought it outright', why didn't you buy it where you saw it? Then the seller could have cancelled your bid and ended the auction.

I’m probably not being clear enough.  It was not available to buy it now on eBay.  So I bid on the auction.  Then I noticed it on poshmark where I would have bought it if I hadn’t bid on the auction. I simply didn’t know what would happen.  Did she have 2 would I have been stuck with 2 ? Would I pay and receive none etc etc 

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

@hespec-37 wrote:

I’m probably not being clear enough.  It was not available to buy it now on eBay.  So I bid on the auction.  Then I noticed it on poshmark where I would have bought it if I hadn’t bid on the auction. I simply didn’t know what would happen.  Did she have 2 would I have been stuck with 2 ? Would I pay and receive none etc etc 

Seller's who do this are very foolish, especially when they have one of the items up for auction. I fully understand your conundrum not knowing how many of the item you may end up with.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 15 of 29
latest reply