cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Offer

Hi, I used up my 3 best offers on a listing I wanted, each was declined, the listing has ended and been relisted 3 times since and I have rewatched each time, but cannot make no more offers, even though it is still an option, is this normal? 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Best Offer

If it is a fixed-price listing (Buy It Now without an auction, Best Offer an option) it doesn't "end" at the end of any quoted "time left" or ever, until it is either sold or the seller pulls it from sale manually or eBay removes it for some problem with the seller or the listing.  Instead it autorenews each month which is not the same as relisted:   it keeps the same item number (and order when a search is sorted by newly listed) and any pending offers or counteroffers continue until acted on or expire and the count of Best Offers for the limit (which is 5 in most categories) is not reset.  The autorenewal has  no effect on buyers, it is simply when eBay charges sellers a new insertion fee (or counts it against their monthly allowance of free basic insertion fees).

If it is an auction listing please provide a screenshot (or copy and paste the text) of the error message you get when you try to make a new offer.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Best Offer

@paulostacola,

Were your offers actually declined or just allowed to expire?  It is possible that even though the listing had a Best Offer button on it, the seller didn't really want to accept them. Sellers who use the basic listing tool have Best offer placed on their buy it now listings by ebay, whether they want to accept offers or not. 

Since the listing has gone through 2, thirty day listing cycles, you could try contacting the seller from the option on the listing, and ask them if they will consider an offer of $X.  I would make the offer for the most you would be willing to pay for the item, remember shipping is not negotiable, since the counter offer option will not be available. Maybe now they will accept one.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply