cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization charge?!

I bought a 231$ item and my card detected it as fraud and stopped the payment. Once I continued by, allowing the payment through text, the item was never purchased but the amount (231$) was taken.I contacted eBay and  Apparently this is a authorization charge. I can't buy the product until the money is returned to me. Has this also happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Authorization charge?!

An authorization charge means that the card was pre authorized for that amount so that amount is on hold until the actual charge goes through. If there was no actual charge such as in this situation, the pre auth should come off in a couple of days.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Authorization charge?!

You need to contact your cc about a chargeback.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Authorization charge?!

How did you contact eBay ? there is no such thing as an authentication 'charge'.

Check in your purchase history to see if the item is there and if not I would be calling my bank to ask what has happened on their end.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Authorization charge?!

I contacted them through chat, I actually used the wrong term it's apparently Authorization charge. But I'm going to contact my bank now and see what's going on, and contact eBay a second time.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Authorization charge?!

@bonjourami wrote:

You need to contact your cc about a chargeback.

Can't do a chargeback on an authorization.

@wilful_31 

The authorization should age off after a couple of days.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Authorization charge?!

An authorization charge means that the card was pre authorized for that amount so that amount is on hold until the actual charge goes through. If there was no actual charge such as in this situation, the pre auth should come off in a couple of days.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Authorization charge?!

Help! I'm in the same situation...

Ebay Support is the worst!! You can't get connected to a human agent by that chat assistant. I hope someone can help with this... 

Here's my case: I tried buying some items from my ebay cart a few days ago for just over $1k and even with sufficient funds in my PayPal wallet the checkout wasn't successful. I then decided to buy one item from the cart & it checked out successfully. I later found out that my wallet was debited twice.  and this is what they had to say:

"You can request the seller to charge the payment as a one-off charge and not to make an authorisation. When you authorize a payment to a merchant, you agree to make a purchase for a specified amount. Your account will show a "Pending" authorization until the merchant captures the payment. Once a merchant processes the order. they capture the payment and charge your account. The payment will show as 'Complete" and the merchant will ship the item.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Authorization charge?!

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply