cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auction with multiple items in description that says 'choose one'

I don't usually buy from sellers that don't have a ton of feedback but an item I have been wanting was posted and I got an alert. The item was part of a series with different characters and the seller listed the auction with several of the characters names and then choose one at the end. They only however posted a picture of one of the items. It is to my understanding usually if a seller is selling multiple items they need to have a set price and the drop down menu, not an auction and a 'choose one' of the many listed. They also have only one feedback. I decided to bid and wrote in my message to the seller which item I wanted from their title/post description (it was not the one in the photo posted). 

I already have a bad feeling about this auction but went for it anyways because of my want of this particular item. If they send me the item in the picture despite the auction naming several characters and a 'choose one' how does that play it?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You've always got the MBG to fall back on so long as you don't mind the hassle and delay.

Choice auctions are against policy so I wouldn't have touched it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yeah, I had seen that it was against regulations when I looked it up since I had never seen one in that format before that didn't have a drop down but I guess if i was able to win (which I did) the price was too good to pass up not trying. I hope it is legit! Guess ill find out in about a week or so.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

UGG, I hate those.

I buy a lot of records and ALWAYS search adding -choose and -pick to exclude them from lot searches.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@starlitriot wrote:

Yeah, I had seen that it was against regulations when I looked it up since I had never seen one in that format before that didn't have a drop down but I guess if i was able to win (which I did) the price was too good to pass up not trying. I hope it is legit! Guess ill find out in about a week or so.

I saw a listing like that yesterday.  Very strange.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply