cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a lot of about 100 babies and it includes Spooky the ghost and a few more "special" ones.

Where is the best place to sell them?  I'm not getting any hits on Ebay general.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have a lot of about 100 babies and it includes Spooky the ghost and a few more "special" ones.

@dela-216754 

Your main problem is that you are attempting to sell all of your Beanie Babies at a lot price of $100.00, plus nearly another $100.00 in shipping.

Most Beanie Babies are not even worth 50 cents each -- so you are unlikely to attract any buyers.

You need to do a significant amount of research on the ACTUAL value of Beanie Babies, and eliminate the common ones (meaning most of your collection) -- and NOT believe the unrealistic myths regarding how "valuable" and "collectible" they have become.

That craze has been dead for nearly 15 years.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you!  That's what I needed, a reality check.  So do you think I should just pull out specific ones and sell those in a pack, then bulk sell the rest to a buy website?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@dela-216754 

There are very, very, very few Beanie Babies that have any value.

What you should do is research your individual Beanies against REALISTIC sales records.  That means actual COMPLETED sales -- NOT the selling price that has NO sales history.  Because there are too many Beanie Baby ads on eBay (and other sites) that have EXAGGERATED values on single Beanie Babies, based upon some myth that these mass-produced "collectibles" actually have some accrued value -- but no one wants to actually BUY these items for those ridiculously high prices -- so there are NO actual completed sales figures.

Although you may find sales histories on some "rare" Beanies -- but take a closer look:  Were the items actually SENT to a buyer -- or did the buyer cancel the sale before the completion of the sale?  Or was the sale compromised by any "not as described" cases opened after the sale, resulting in the return of the Beanie?  Then these "sales" don't actually count.

Anything which was originally marketed as a "collectible," and mass-manufactured in a third-world country in quantities numbering in the tens of thousands (and probably hundreds of thousands) is not realistically considered to be RARE -- that was a marketing ploy that was advertised by the manufacturer.  In short -- the Beanie Baby manufacturer deliberately conned the buyers into believing that these toys had some inherent value.

The vast majority of your Beanie Babies are probably worth no more than 50 cents each -- and probably less -- which is not worth your time or money to list on eBay.  Box them up and donate them to a charity; but, keep in mind, many charities don't want them anymore, since those charities already have too many Beanie Babies in their unsold inventory.

Beanie Babies were just not a reliable investment strategy, from start to finish.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you.  I've donated some to a charity that sends them to service members overseas.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply