cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beanie Babies

Much like many others I have a collection of beanie babies that I had originally purchased for my daughter as an investment...she is now 37 and doesn't want to have anything to do with them. Most are in plastic display boxes with plastic tag holders. I live in sw Florida and are trying to find someone who might be interested in purchasing some or all of them. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thank you

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Beanie Babies

I have a weenie the Weiner dog in ty baby and I'd like to get rid of him he is worth a chunk of money to the right person 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Beanie Babies

Before listing Beanie Babies, and expecting a windfall from your sales, you probably ought to check on eBay and see what specific ones are selling for.  And that means ones that have actually been paid for.

I shop at thrift stores for toys and occasionally pick up one or two of these for little great grandchildren.  Have never paid more than $1 each.  

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Beanie Babies

Since there is at least one currently listed for $3.99, one for about $11.00 and one for 15K,  I'd say the price range is pretty broad.  Someone should probably buy that $3.99 bargain and list it for somewhere in the middle.  Did not check the ones that actually sold.  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Beanie Babies

There’s not much of a demand for most beanie babies these days.  In the initial hysteria, many, many people jumped into collecting beanie babies and most of them are far from being “rare”, which is what drove up the prices initially.  They are the “investment” that failed.

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Beanie Babies

@sjcm1019 

Throughout history, most items that were promoted as "collectible" and "investment items" turned out to be over-produced hustles -- the only ones who made any money were the manufacturers, and the first handful of hobbyists who created the craze.

Check out "the Great Tulip Crash" in 1637 in Holland, for an excellent example of mass "investment" and "collector" mania.

It is the purpose of these manufacturers to create mass amounts of items to generate huge profits for themselves -- and not for "collectors" or "investors."

One of the reasons for the stock market crash in October 1929 was huge amounts of over-valued stock, purchased by unwary investors, who all believed that they were sitting on gold mines.

And it's still going on today, unfortunately.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it," quoth George Santayana.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Beanie Babies

I have a beanie with no tag just the butt tag it says GUND inc. Diligent Dathan. I can't find it anywhere, can someone help?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Beanie Babies

@collections4all wrote:

I have a beanie with no tag just the butt tag it says GUND inc. Diligent Dathan. I can't find it anywhere, can someone help?

It was made by Gund so it's not a Beanie Babie. Lucky for you.

Gund are good quality plush toys, nice to play with, not collectibles.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Beanie Babies

Did you ever find anyone to buy any of your babys?? I have a bunch of 1st editions to get rid off.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Beanie Babies

I want to sell all my beanie babies 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Beanie Babies

They are mostly worthless. Even the ones that you think are worth money, they're not. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Beanie Babies

You probably should start your own thread.

And be prepared for disappointing news.

Check out "Sold" listings on eBay before going  further with your plans on how you expect to invest your fortune.

A local thrift store sells them for about a dollar.  When their bins of "stuffies" get too full, they are 3/$1.  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply