cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playtime 2022

I'm keep my fingers crossed that this will work.

Message 1 of 2,148
latest reply
2,147 REPLIES 2,147

Re: Playtime 2022

Shirley...Each Mini Barbieland dollhouse comes with one doll and one pet...You've been having bad weather, huh? Bummer 😞 ...Can't wait to see how you customize that mermaid...thanks for sharing your beautiful dolls...Love the headdress you made for Queen Elinor...

Kate...I'm sure you miss William dreadfully. He was such a great companion to you. I'm sending hugs and kisses to him into the Universe...thanks for sharing the photos of your pets. The things we love are never gone if we keep them alive in our memories.

Here's Barbie holding the mini bunny that's just barely .5"H53708516257_43c4251098_z.jpg

Bought the Boxer Barbie at Target.

53694135190_34bbc4e7cf_z.jpg53694036904_0a2a6e9da4_z.jpg

Message 2131 of 2,148
latest reply

(((KATE))) Sending good thoughts your way.  Believe me, I get how you feel right now.  

I like all the photos of your furry friends.  The one of Cornelia is pretty neat with all the dolls down there on the floor.  Picture proof that William was pretty careful to not knock anyone over!  Amazing how he did that with no room for him to be in there!!

BTW, have a question for you...what color was William's eyes?  This last photo they seem to be a pale lt. green yet in another photo I thought they were more yellow-green.   Do you have a good face shot of him? 

QUELI ~ Wow at the tiny pink bunny!  Another Barbie boxer doll, but this one is on a MTM body which is great! 

I haven't done anything yet with the new mermaid just because I kind of like her the way she is.  I love her tail fin!!   Even if I do opt for a different body, will probably keep the mermaid body so she can go back and forth 😉 and live in two worlds.   The only thing I have done to her has been torture.  I put her lower arms in boiled water so I could change the position of her hands.  This way she can sit up with palms flat on the surface like this:

100_6965.JPG

100_6964.JPG

Will probably do some other photos when have more time to play. 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2132 of 2,148
latest reply

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. 

Shirley...Oh yeah, that bunny is teeny tiny! I'm keeping really good track of it because I'm afraid I'm going to lose it and then I would cry and I don't want to cry 😞 ...Haha, you crack me up! So, you've only been torturing her?! I think the new position of her hands is a really good idea. If you don't find a match in your body bin, the Tennis MTM Barbie is a perfect match.

Kate...sending a virtual (((hug)))

Do I even have to say this? I'm sure you realize that I've gone crazy for the Mini Barbieland items. I just bought a box of ten Fashionistas dolls at Walmart and was lucky enough to get the whole set of ten! Color me happy!

53718288699_dcd47715c7_z.jpg53718288694_e5a062044a_z.jpg53717938136_53e5192ae7_z.jpg53718148303_a3b8d5241c_z.jpg53718368405_5955a445ab_z.jpg53718194298_b3afaf9b75_z.jpg

Message 2133 of 2,148
latest reply

QUELI ~ The mini Barbies are actually pretty neat!  Bet you are happy as a clam!   Oh, I know about worrying about the small stuff.   I made that tiny mouse for Mini Myah, and have to keep checking to make sure it's where it needs to be! 

More torture today for the new mermaid!   Since I like her tail so well, I thought it would be neat to put a little curl in it......you know, I'm sure she would like to curl 'her toes' 🤗.   It was kind of a bugger to do.  Tougher than the hands for sure.  Then used wood clothes pins to hold the curl in place.  Tossed her in the freezer in hopes to cool the tail quicker and hopefully help make the curl permanent.   Left the pins on for about 6 hours after the freezer.   BUT, only 5 hours after I removed the pins, the tail is beginning to flatten again.

KATE ~ Thinking of you ❤️

Here's the tail right after I removed the clothes pins....

100_6966.JPG100_6967.JPG

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2134 of 2,148
latest reply

OK, put the 'clamps' back on the tail last night and have left them on.    Took a better photo of her little t-shirt and her clamped tail.

100_6968.JPG100_6969.JPG

Message 2135 of 2,148
latest reply

Hello Everyone, it has not been a good day today.  Rootie, (my beagle/basset) had a panting episode in the middle of the night.  When I brought her out of her crate this morning, she was not herself at all.   I could not get her in to see my regular vet until mid June, so had to locate another vet option where I could get her seen today.   Lab results were not good nor were her xrays.  Large tumor in the liver with evidence of having a major bleed into her abd. cavity.   Rootie did not come back home. 

Message 2136 of 2,148
latest reply

baying beagle .jpgRootie Tshirt 4-13.jpg100_5778.JPGIMG_1037.JPGIMG_0847.JPG

<><><><><><><💔><><><><><>

Message 2137 of 2,148
latest reply

Shirley…I’m so sorry to hear about Rootie 😔 She was such a comfort to you and looks so sweet in her photos. May your memories of her sustain you. (((hugs)))

Message 2138 of 2,148
latest reply

Good Friday evening, 

Shirls - I’m so sorry about dear Rootie - this has not been a kind month to our hearts! I’m glad you were able to get her into a vet quickly, though.  😞  Beautiful photos of her!! Sending you {Hugs!}

I love what you are doing to the mermaid tail - it makes it much more dynamic and real looking (insofar as which a bright orange/pink plastic tail can look real!). 

Queli - The minis are all amazing - I can’t believe how tiny they all are! I love the fact that those tiny Barbies come in a lipstick case - how cool is that! Glad you were able to get all ten of them!

Your Boxing Barbie looks great, too. 

Xxoo Kate

First two photos show William's eyes - they were more yellow than green

Another shot of him not knocking anything down!

And a photo of some tiny nesting dolls! 🙂

IMG_0207.jpegIMG_0212.jpegnestingdollshelveshelper.JPGtinysanta.JPG

Message 2139 of 2,148
latest reply

Thank you Kate and Queli for your kind words.   For 2 of us here to lose a beloved pet within a week's time is unreal.   This vet used different service for private cremation than that of Myah's vet.   Was able to pick up Rootie's cremains today.   Had to wait 2 weeks for Myah.  These folks provided a far nicer service.  The box is pretty, has her name on it, and you can open the box to access the ashes if desire.  Her paw print is far nicer and her name is etched on that as well.   It's been hard and miss Rootie very much.  Keep thinking I need to take her out with me, or just check up on her etc.  Rhythm of the day is completely off. 

Message 2140 of 2,148
latest reply

100_6970.JPG

100_6971.JPG

In a larger photo, you can actually see the print of individual hairs between the toe pad and the skin texture.  Also given a very helpful small book and journal. 

Message 2141 of 2,148
latest reply

Oh gee....forgot to say how much I like the photo of William looking through the open space of the sewing machine!!

Message 2142 of 2,148
latest reply

Hello ladies...well, here I sit watching the PGA Championship (it's been beyond interesting!) and the Preakness, second race in the triple crown. The hope is that the same horse that won the Kentucky Derby, Mystik Dan, will win this race too, and then win The Belmont Stakes in a few weeks and then be the winner of winners! I know I'm the only one here that's into sports but you could at least make a comment every once in a while? No one ever does. 

Kate...thanks...I'm having such a great time with those Mini Barbieland toys. I can't stop buying them. I have 29 dolls, a Dream House, a convertible and a camper 🙂 Chelsea's having a great time playing with them because, technically, they're her toys....thanks for sharing those lovely photos of William. I'm always going to remember him because, of all your pets, he's the one I'd known the longest.

Shirley...how're you doing, hun? I'm glad to hear that this vet took such good care of you and Rootie. I'm sure that was a nice surprise. All the things they gave you look really nice.

I just received Weird Barbie and absolutely loved her. I'll post photos later.

My Walmart has a new Barbie display.

53719766342_14563bd699_z.jpg

53721008909_76da66a3f1_z.jpg

Bought this new Barbie shoe pack. They fit all the dolls: petite/original/curvy/tall EXCEPT the purple ones only fit petite/original.

53726064720_9be9ba5ce5_z.jpg

I went to a store that sells a lot of Japanese items and found these cute little rabbits. I going to try and keep track of them so I can use them next Easter.

53721089362_900ef8b098_z.jpg53721089372_b650597a8e_z.jpg 

Message 2143 of 2,148
latest reply

Good Sunday morning, 

Shirls - I'm so glad this new vet went above and beyond for you! The box with Rootie's name on it is lovely and the paw print is so dear. Sending you lots of love and hugs!! 

Queli - I love the new little bunnies! When I lived in Boston, I loved going to the stores that had lots of Japanese imports. There was always something fun to look at. 

I went to a doll meeting yesterday - the first I had been to in over a year. It was nice to see the people there and to meet some new people as well. I forgot to take any photos but it was a lovely time! 

xxoo Kate

Silkstone Francie with a Jewelry Kiddle. Jackie made her cardigan! 

flowerkiddle4.JPGflowerkiddle3.JPGflowerkiddle2.JPGflowerkiddle.JPG

Message 2144 of 2,148
latest reply

Believe me, it was a shock and so hard to lose Rootie, but, it has been easier to accept and deal with than Myah's loss.   Big difference in Vets!!  If I had another pet, I would not hesitate to take it to that vet.  I will never reach the point of 'acceptance' with Myah's death.  Rootie died of natural causes.  Yes, we had her euthanized, but due to the severity of her condition. 

QUELI ~ The little white bunnies are cute!  Unique look to them.  Can't wait to see your Weird Barbie.  Glad you are enjoying your mini Barbieland toys! 😊 I bet the camper and convertible are a hoot!  Loved the little house.  And the dolls are easily identified as to who they are!  (Not that I know them that well, but there's no mistaking them)

KATE ~ Thanks for all the love and hugs!  I hope you are doing alright too, so hugs back at you! 

Happy you made it to a doll meeting after all this time away from them.  Was a good outing for you.   The liddle kiddle pin is so tiny but detailed.  Jackie made a beautiful sweater. 

Oh, I think we need a Cottontail Rabbit update.  Have not seen Mama, but pretty sure she lives across the street.  Notchee is the 'queen' at our house.  Her last den (#2) was washed out by the 9 inches of rain we had.   I get a kick out of her.  Can't get up as close to her like Mama nor will she approach, but, she doesn't run when we get near, and she is always 'lounging' in the lawn.  She has her spot under the rose bush.  Most of the time I see her, she is completely stretched out and relaxing. 

Message 2145 of 2,148
latest reply