cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller performance

I sell several items that are low value. As such adding a tracking # is unrealistic because it inflates the purchasers cost beyond reason. How can I sell low value items without getting a ding for no tracking #?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: seller performance

@sammoab 

You can ship items without tracking.

But don't forget to mark them as being shipped.

And refund them within 3 business days when buyers start a request for a refund because the item didn't show up within the promised time frame.

About tracking: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/tracking-items-youve-sold?id=4088

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Many sellers set up a second ID to sell items that ship without tracking, so that their main ID can remain top rated. 

You can have up to 5% of your items without tracking uploaded on time and validated and still be top rated.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

More than 5% of my sales are low budget items, that is why I am concerned. In a phone chat with an eBay customer service person I was told that items like mine will not affect my seller rating. Is that your understanding?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

No, as I mentioned, you can not have more than 5% without tracking and be top rated.

See the tracking section here -

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards?id=4080&st=12&pos=1&qu...

Tracking uploaded on time and validated (applies to eBay Top Rated Sellers only)
Transactions where you upload tracking details within your stated handling time, and the carrier scanned the shipping label either before or after your handling time, are on time and validated.

Requirements

eBay Top Rated Sellers

Maximum percentage of transactions where tracking wasn't uploaded on time and/or validated

5%

Lookback period

3 months

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply