cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new jewelry listing rules - on a deadline to meet the 5/25 date, need help

How are sellers describing jewelry items made with crystals? Do you add "simulated", "lab-created" or not? e.g. Swarovski crystals are sometimes called simulated diamonds, but are they also lab created or do you just list as glass crystals? I called eBay & spoke to 2 reps. Neither could answer-said too expert a question for them. I know CZ's are lab created, but clueless how crystals are made. I thought they were just made by specific glass cutting machines, not in a lab, but do not know for sure & want to use proper adjectives to describe.

Next ?-if you have a fine jewelry ring-sterling with genuine gemstones-you could list it in fine jewelry, but if it is clearly handcrafted & that is the most appealing to a buyer, is it ok to list it in handcrafted or are you obligated to list it in fine?

Can you use the word faux to describe an item--like "faux tortoise"? Or is it more acceptable to add simulated tortoise (which is acrylic based)

I have been selling & making jewelry for decades & find the new listing policies confusing...I called eBay this am for  answers but both rep & supervisor told me that my questions were for an expert and they are neither and can only refer me to the new policies printout as they are not trained in jewelry. If anyone in the jewelry community could take the time to answer my few questions,  I would be most appreciative. Thank you. Maybe I am splitting hairs, but only trying hard to comply with the new rules.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

new jewelry listing rules - on a deadline to meet the 5/25 date, need help

@paulibeverlyhills   You might try discussing this on the jewelry board: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Jewelry/bd-p/Jewelry

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 2
latest reply