cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay USPS origin info is wrong. How do I change it?

Hi,

Every time I print an eBay USPS shipping label for an item I've sold, in the far upper left hand corner of the eBay USPS shipping label it says "42518" and then "Zone 5". I haven't lived at the "42518" zip code (Bronston, KY) in many, many years and I've checked ALL my addresses in both eBay setup and PayPayl preferences/setup and NONE of them have a "42518" zip code. I can't figure out HOW ON EARTH do I change the 42518 USPS (Pitney Bowes) zip code to my current home address - the address I always ship from.  I have searched and searched and can't find ANY option to change the USPS zip to the correct zip.  Also, I just checked the tracking info for the eBay item I just sold and sent to the buyer and it has the Pre-Tracking Info and the Origin is Bronston, KY (zip 42518), but on my shipping label on the top of the box I'm about to send out... Both the FROM address (me) and the TO address (the buyer) are printed absolutely correctly on the label.  It's just in the VERY upper left corner of the eBay USPS shipping label where I'm seeing "42518 Zone 5" and that is WRONG.  How do I change it? I assume it calculated the wrong shipping charge to because it thinks I'm shipping it from the zip 42518. Even though on the shipping label, and in eBay, and PayPal all of my addresses and zip codes are set PERFECTLY to my home address. BTW, my FedEx shipping labels print perfectly.  It's just the United States Postal Service that print this incorrect "42518 Zone 5" info on the label.

When I print these shipping labels I'm not doing anything special... I'm just going into my eBay account and printing the label from there.

I am ASSUMING that Pitney Bowes (the company that generates these lables) has my OLD zip on file somewhere as "42518" but I tried logging in to the Pitney Bowes website and I don't have an account, so I don't know where this "42518 Zone 5" USPS info is coming from.  Help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)