cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing a return item after it has been fully refunded

I fully reimbursed a buyer, with exception of shipping. I was told by ebay person that ebay would reimburse for that. It is still considered 'open' but it was refunded 5 days ago. Does anyone know how this will get closed off of my overview page ??  thanks.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Not sure why they told you they would pay the shipping, they don't.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

eBay will reimburse the international leg of eBay International Shipping charges.  Unless you had free domestic shipping on the listing you need to refund what you set up in the listing (and the buyer paid) for the domestic leg to the hub in Illinois or California.

ETA:  I'm assuming this was a Not As Described return rather than a remorse returns since you say Customer Service mentioned eBay refunding shipping.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

was told ebay would pay the shipping because i am top rated. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

was told ebay would pay the shipping because i am top rated. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

eBay policy has a section on top rated seller protections. It does say this about false item not as described returns that mentions shipping. Nothing about regular returns:

Source:(https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-protection-policy?id=4345)

When you report the buyer - opens in new window or tab and we determine the buyer made a false claim:

• We will subsidize the return shipping label cost up to $6.00 per return. It may take up to 60 days for this amount to be credited to your account
  • We'll automatically remove any related negative or neutral feedback
  • The return won't be counted in your "Not as described" rate in service metrics

This exerpt is one part of the top rated seller protection you get that mentions shipping. I would read up on policy, and don't take any rep's word until you check with eBay policy as it can contradict sometimes

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply