cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking info errors

Does eBay generate this DISinformation, or do they simply regurgitate whatever nonsense they get from the carrier? I paid on Nov.28, so nothing could have happened on Nov.1

Shipped            In transit            Out for delivery              Estimated delivery
Tue, Nov 1                                                                                      Sat, Dec 3

UPS Mail Innovations: 92748901306201543477854254
Hide tracking details
Dec 2, 2022 1:21pm - Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending Memphis, TN 38136
Dec 1, 2022 4:43am  - Arrived at UPS Facility Smyrna, TN 37167
Nov 30, 2022 5:13am - Departed UPS Facility Urbancrest, OH 43123
Nov 29, 2022 7:50pm - Package processed Urbancrest, OH 43123
Nov 28, 2022 12:55pm - Order information received 

Nov 1, 2022 2:44am - Shipment Delivered to USPS, Package Acceptance Pending Memphis, TN 38136
Nov 29, 2022 9:31am - Tracking number provided

Why isn't there a link ON EBAY to report things like this? 

BTW: this is current, as of this posting time, so everyone knows it's not getting delivered 2 days ago. Why isn't that updated, too?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Tracking info errors

eBay doesn't track packages, the carrier does. The carrier sends eBay the tracking updates.

I looked at the tracking on the USPS website and see that the package was shipped via UPS on 12/1 and will be transferred to USPS for delivery.

Perhaps the glitch in the system is due to the carrier hand-off.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

So eBay is just repeating the garbage it received. You'd think their system could automatically detect errors like that, and filter them out, or correct them. Especially the expected delivery date error.

Here's another one I encountered recently (not related to tracking):

I find a $50 item I'm interested in with shipping cost of $20.81. I send the seller an offer for 2 of them for $35ea, which makes the shipping $29.41. In My eBay Summary under Offers, it shows I've made an offer for $70 with shipping of $20.81.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

And what would you want eBay to do with the discovery of a tracking error? The purpose of this functionality is to advise you of the carrier updates. That's it. Not to interpret them.

As for the offer issue, you might report that to eBay. I don't make or take offers, so I'm not sure what is shown on the page if offers can be made on multiple units.

At the link below, you can request a call back from eBay by clicking Have us call you on the left side of the page. If you don't see that option, click Chat with our automated assistant. Then type "agent" at the bottom in the chat box. You'll see an option to request a call back there.

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@untod   the most accurate tracking info is to go directly onto the shipping carrier's website, this is what I get when i input your tracking number>

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 10.59.03 AM.png

 and yes, ebay 'regurgitates' whatever info is given them from the shipping company since they don't have the ability to independently track the package.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

inceptions

This thread isn't about tracking errors - it's about tracking INFO errors. Logic dictates that if I placed the order Nov.29, there can't be tracking info for Nov.1. It doesn't take AI to recognize that. I would hope they already preclude tracking info for dates LATER than today. Similarly, the expected delivery date can't be yesterday or before, so that should be automatically adjusted to today or later. If the purpose is to advise me, then obviously advising me of impossible things is not useful advice.

stuff4divas

So the error IS eBay's. eBay didn't regurgitate the error from USPS because USPS doesn't show that error.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply