cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious Buyer ? No profile

I'm a first time seller, first time paypal user, just paranoid about a high price item - $800 Macbook

Has anyone experience with accepting an offer, but Ebay says the deal is cancelled because the buyer is suspicious and no longer a member?

I had already sent a message to this member with my phone number so I could give them my paypal email.

I had already relisted the item when the buyer texted me and we exchanged information.

Now I received a "Congratulations your payment has been confirmed" email from both payl(trackingnumberconfirmed@in.com) and ebay (eBayconfirmed@mail.ie)

Even though under my selling tab this person is still NOT LISTED AS A USER and the item is still relisted because of the cancellation.

Is this completely normal or am I taking a risk shipping this? The emails from paypal and ebay look entirely legitimate, but I'm a first time user so please help! Thanks.

View Entire Topic

I had already sent a message to this member with my phone number so I could give them my paypal email

Never do that, you were going to be scammed and get a fake but real looking payment. Never send your e-mail or engage in telephone conversations. Ebay saved you from yourself. Buyers simply pay through the listing. You always log directly into paypal and confirm a real payment exists and you have the okay to ship.

Now I received a "Congratulations your payment has been confirmed" email from both payl(trackingnumberconfirmed@in.com) and ebay (eBayconfirmed@mail.ie)

Both fake and nothing to do with either site.

Is this completely normal or am I taking a risk shipping this?

No it is not normal and you were not even paid, read what I said above.