cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing shipping label at my local store not from eBay

I work at a package mailing store and am very familiar with the best ways to ship and I get an employee discount from my store. I like to charge customers a flat rate for shipping but still want to use a shipping label purchased from my local store. I have been away from eBay for about a year and this is the way I used to sell my items. But now I am noticing that if I select a shipping option (FedEx, USPS, etc.), eBay wants to generate a label and I cannot seem to tell it not to. If I select a shipping option, such as "standard shipping 1-5 days" that does not have eBay generate the shipping label for me, can I then go to my local mailing store and purchase the shipping label myself?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@usmedalman 

You can specify ups fedex or usps - you do not have to purchase your label from eBay. Listing the specific service should get your buyers better estimated delivery dates.

Just do not select print label in your list of sold items - select add/edit tracking to enter the tracking from the label that you ship with.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for answering my question. But eBay payed out so quickly on my sale that  I didn't have the new tracking number to input before they deducted the shipping cost based on their label. When I did edit the tracking number they did refund the shipping charge a week later. I am just looking for a way to prevent them from deducting the shipping charge in the first place.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@usmedalman 

I have never heard of a label automatically generated.  I am going to ask another mentor...

@comics-scifi-collectibles 

Have you heard of this? Is there some new setting? I see nothing new in the shipping settings. Thanks!

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@wooden_flower wrote:

@usmedalman 

I have never heard of a label automatically generated.  I am going to ask another mentor...

@comics-scifi-collectibles 

Have you heard of this? Is there some new setting? I see nothing new in the shipping settings. Thanks!

@usmedalman.  I've never heard of a label being auto generated.    I always have to select print label.   

Are you using the app ?  Or quick listing tool on a computer,  the quick listing tool doesn't have the option for videos in photo section.   eBay does tinker with the app and quick listing tool the most.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 5 of 5
latest reply