cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 13 Pro Max Fraud

I just received today an iPhone 13 Pro Max advertised as "Brand New in the Box" and when I opened the Box I discovered that the box was opened and the phone had dirt on the back and finger marks all over it.

I took it to the Apple store in San Deigo the advisor suggested that it was NOT new and that a business or company must own this phone because for it to be used  I would have to relinquish access to a third party for remote management by Advance Power Technologies. Obviously, I will not access my phone to a third party.

I don't have anywhere to lodge a complaint or anyone to call at eBay to get help.

I feel like this seller committed fraud and lied to me.

Does anybody have any contacts to get help from eBay would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Iphone 13 Pro Max Fraud

Hi @ludcout-0 you can get a refund for the item since it was an item (per your description) not as described. eBay's money back policy does cover as per policy:

Source:(https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...)

Sellers are required to deliver the item as it was described in the listing. If the buyer receives the wrong item, or the item arrives broken, damaged, or faulty (and was not clearly described as such), they are entitled to return it for a refund, even if the seller doesn't offer returns.

You will need to start a return with the return reason as "Not as Described" and the seller will have 3 days to respond by either letting you keep the item and you get a full refund, or you may have to return the item for a full refund

In the rare event that 3 days (from your return request) passed and the seller did not respond to the request, you can have eBay step in on your behalf. This means that an eBay associate will review your case and determine a resolution (usually within 48 hours) that can be appealed if the resolution is not acceptable

Here is how you can ask eBay to step in (only do this if the seller did not respond after 3 days from the return request):

Source:(https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/ask-ebay-step-help-buyers?id=4701)

1. Find the item in your Purchases.
  2. Select See request details (if your item didn't arrive) or See return details (if you're trying to return an item).
  3. Select Ask eBay to step in and help.
  4. Select a reason from the dropdown menu, then select Confirm.

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@ludcout-0 

Ebay has a 30 day Money Back Guarantee, so you can file a Return Request:

• Go to your Purchase History, find the item, and under “More actions” click on “Return item” and select the reason for the return. “doesn't match description". Attach a photo.
  • The seller will have 3 business days to either accept the return and provide a prepaid return shipping label OR refund without having you return the item.
  • If they don't do either, you can go back to your Return Request details 4 business days after you filed the Request and ask Ebay to step in.
*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hello Lady Madonna,

This is what I get when I try to follow your procedures:

"This seller does not accept returns for this item."

Am I screwed? Should I call the credit card company to cancel the payment?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Ebays Money back guarantee overrides anything the seller may say. 

Do as advised by our other members. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you so much as this is my first experience with eBay.

How does eBay treat sellers who engage in fraud and deception?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

ebay evaluates sellers on the 20th of each month.  An unresolved transaction records a defect on the seller's account.  Too many defects and the seller can be restricted or suspended.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 7 of 7
latest reply