cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Anyone Have an Address to Write to EBay?

Ive been selling on EBay 19 yrs now. I’ve loved it! It’s my hobby since my health became so poor that I’m limited to what I can do.

Ebay has treated me very well & I would say I’ve felt also fairly. I feel that this year that has changed & I’m considering leaving Ebay to go to an app my kids keep suggesting to me. Before I do that I want to try to fix the issue that has made me feel this way. It maybe likely that other long term great sellers feel the same way. Maybe 1 of us needs to alert Ebay Corporate?

Ebay has always been about seller performance. Feedback & doing a great job are important so that customers continued to shop here. We are a community where our actions can affect others. A bad experience means we might all loose that customer. A good experience means they come back & might buy from us next time. 

For those of us who are committed to & loyal to EBay where we have been selling here for years - we know how important this is. We work very hard to service our customers & ensure they are happy. Ebay has for at least the last 18 years rewarded great sellers with higher placement in searches. This was important because I believe it’s how Ebay made it all these years.

So ebay came out with Promoted listings in the last year. When I first saw it - my thought was that sellers like myself wouldn’t need to use this. We work hard & do a Great job & our reward has always been these high placements. This year I have noticed my sales are suffering. The only way to increase sales is to pay to promote my listings.

If EBay is struggling financially & needs to increase fees then I can understand that & would accept it & pay more. This current promoted listing is allowing sellers often with very bad feedback to have high listings. It’s putting customers who don’t understand how to shop & find safe sellers at risk.

Recently when I tell people I do eBay - I’m hearing about bad experiences. It’s been a long time since I’ve heard this from people where I live when they learn I do eBay & have done it a long time. These customers will likely never come back.

I would like to write a letter to corporate & maybe get a contact there that I could discuss this with before it’s too late. I’ve heard that I have one of the longest open actively selling stores on eBay so I would hope they might listen to me.

I haven’t used this forum before. I’m not sure that I will be able to find my way back to see responses BUT I hope someone can maybe go to any of my listings & send me an EBay message with a name &/or just an address. Also if anyone else here has been actively selling on eBay over 5 yrs or so that has found the same issues I have that would want to contact eBay to discuss it - please also message me.

I think there must be a way to make sure EBay is making enough even if we all pay more in fees but we really need to get back to making sure our best sellers are back on top & that every seller knows that we all need to do our best to service our customers.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Does Anyone Have an Address to Write to EBay?

Hi @tokersexchick 

If you are willing to pay more in fees, then use Promoted Listings. You only pay the fee if the item sells and if the buyer finds the item from a promoted location. If eBay raised fees across the board, you'd be in the same position (except that you would be paying more in fees along with everyone else and it would have no impact on your search standing).

There are all sorts of things that go into where your items appear in search results. Buyers have various sort options, for example. More factors are described here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/optimising-listings-best-match?id=4166&st=3&...

You also need to understand that there are far more sellers and items to compete with now that there were when you started selling. The number of eBay sellers has increased by about 18 million over the last 15 years alone. There are approximately two billion active listings on eBay with new items being added all around the clock. Your search standing is constantly changing. Yes, you have been with eBay a long time, but so have many other sellers - possibly thousands or millions.

Trust me...eBay is "making enough" and to write to them to tell them you would like to pay higher fees would be a big mistake. Most sellers gripe about how high the fees are already. Use promoted listings if you want to pay more and get real results.

You can see eBay's earnings reports here:

https://investors.ebayinc.com/financial-information/financial-summary/default.aspx

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 2
latest reply