cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Offers and Offers

I had submitted a BO of $40 then received a counter offer of $50. I then submit an offer of  $45. I then received an offer for $49 which I thought was a counter offer but it was an offer for the item I just looked at. Thinking it was a counter offer and the seller only dropped the price by $1 I wasn't interested and sent a BO of $40 to the seller of the item I just looked at still not realizing the eBay offer of $49 was for this item. My offer was automatically accepted then shortly after that the seller on the first item accepted my $45 offer.  I was confused so I checked my messages and realized what had happened and felt bad for the first seller. In the messages from eBay for payment has the offer amount incorrect. After the seller graciously cancelled the offer yesterday, today I got a email from eBay asking me to make payment before July 11th or seller may cancel.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Best Offers and Offers

Hi @ez_dealz_4u 

I couldn't tell whether the offers/counteroffers were for similar items ... or completely different items ... but you apparently owe two sellers money.  [You wouldn't have received the eBay message about paying before July 11th if the seller had cancelled that transaction.]

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Best Offers and Offers

Yes I forgot to mention that they were identical items. But once I realized what had happened I asked the seller to cancel and they did so yesterday. So the email I received today at 10:02 a.m. saying I still need to pay for the item and it doesn't show up in my purchases because it was canceled yesterday go figure. I would post screenshots but I guess that's not possible here.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Best Offers and Offers

One other detail I forgot to mention. EBay kept sending me messages trying to sell me the exact same item that had been reposted. The message said the item had been reduced to $50 at the same time that they're trying to get me to pay the $45 for that item.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply