cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As fees

To sellers...when did Ad Fees go up? Starting in June, I'm charged an ad fee that is based on item cost + customer shipping cost + taxes. In the past, the ad fee was charged percentage on item cost only. I emailed eBay about this but no response. Doesn't seem right....

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

As fees

@beedees192 

eBay has been charging final value fees on the total price for many years.

Here is the policy on this.

"

Final value fees

We charge one final value fee when your item sells, and you don't have to worry about third-party payment processing fees. This fee is calculated as a percentage of the total amount of the sale, plus $0.30 per order.

The total amount of the sale includes the item price, any handling charges, the shipping service the buyer selects, sales tax, and any other applicable fees. If you offer 1-day or international shipping as well as a cheaper or free option (like domestic shipping), the total amount of the sale is calculated based on the cheapest domestic option you offer. If you only offer 1-day or international shipping but no cheaper option like domestic shipping, the total amount of the sale is calculated based on the service the buyer chooses."

Here is the link to the fees.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822&st=12&pos=1&query=Selli...

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.
Sunny

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

As fees

Hi thanks for the response. I know about FINAL VALUE FEES.....I am asking about AD FEES.

Thank you

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

As fees

@beedees192 

You wrote "I'm charged an ad fee that is based on item cost + customer shipping cost + taxes. "

Your question pertains to final value fees. Here is a link that explains selling (listing) fees. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822&st=12&pos=1&query=Selli...

Or are you asking about Classified Ad fees?

"The fees for your Classified Ad will vary depending on the category and duration of the listing. Classified vehicle listings in the United States are intended for dealerships that use a bulk listing tool."

Here is a link.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/selling-classified-ads?id=4167&st=12&pos=3&q...

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.
Sunny

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

As fees

Maybe an example would help clarify. I chose an ad rate of 4.4%

Figurine: 12.00 + shipping: 11.75 + taxes: 1.78 = 25.53 total

Ad fee charged to me = 1.12 (4.4% of 25.53)

I've sold other figurines & was charged ad fees on the item price ONLY.

Hence: 12.00 item @ 4.4% ad fee = .53

I hope that makes sense.

My point is: if this is the new way ad fees are charged, I won't participate. 

When the cost of shipping is equal to or more than the item & with fees going up... this is a no win situation. 

I'm trying to find out if this is ian solated issue or if all sellers are getting this upcharge. 

Thank you for your time.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply