cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having problems with "Ship By" dates that occur BEFORE the date "Time Away" ends?

My store is on Time Away until 5/15/24.
A buyer just purchased an item this afternoon 5/10/24 and eBay tells me to ship by 5/13/24 ??? 
I checked my store and the Time Away message is there.
The eBay Automated Assistant did not help at all...

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Anyone else having problems with "Ship By" dates that occur BEFORE the date "Time

Hi @retrowave 

When did you put your items on Time Away? It can take up to 24 hours for the message to appear on listings. If you just set it up today, the buyer may have made the purchase before it was activated on your listings.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Anyone else having problems with "Ship By" dates that occur BEFORE the date "Time

I set it up more than 24 hours in advance.

What's bizarre is that another item has sold and the Ship By date for that one is AFTER my Time Away ends... 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

An eBay agent spent 12 minutes on the phone with me while researching the problem.

He couldn't understand why one item is to be supposed to be shipped BEFORE the Time Away date and the other item is supposed to be shipped AFTER the Time Away date.

He ended up giving me an Escalation Number to be used in case eBay tries to penalize me for not shipping before my Time Away date as I took action well in advance and did everything correctly...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply