cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese? Japanese? Military Medal or Pendant with enamel.

I'm thinking that this is Chinese, but maybe Japanese?  I've never been good at telling the languages apart...  I'm also not sure if it is really old or not, with the Chinese being so good at faking things.  How can I tell for sure?  It measures some 3 1/8 inches across, not including the loop at the top.

If it is original, I'ld like to list this on Ebay - but I want to be sure first!  I do my darndest to be accurate in my listings and don't want to sell a replica!

If nothing else, would someone please be so kind as to tell me which country it is from, and if possible what the letters translate to?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lee

A73 003.JPG

A73 004.JPG

A73 005.JPG

A73 007.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Definitely Japanese and in my opinion 100% original without a doubt. Maybe as the day wears on, I will recall the name of it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you!  I do appreciate the information and at least now have a better starting place on where to do further research.

Any idea on who is pictured in the middle?

Sincerely,

Lee

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Try asking the Dai Nippon Military Antiques site, at imperialjapanmedalsandbadges.com -- they seem to have hundreds of these, dating back to the 1800s, and they could probably identify it fairly quickly for you.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for the suggestion.  I looked over the site and couldn't find it, but maybe I was looking in the wrong place?  In any event, I sent the photos to the people running it, and look forward to hearing back from them.  I'll post whatever I learn here.

Thanks again!

Lee

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@leesantiques let us know what you find out!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Chinese fake.  :-((

Lee

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Aww better luck next time!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 8 of 8
latest reply