cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vintage quadruple plate tea pot....any ID ?

looked  for  help  with  this   several  months  ago  at  another  ebay  disc.  site...hope  i am  not  breaking  any     rules  trying  to find  info  here....had  no  help  at  other  site...

can  the initials  be  determined...fancy  script... what  are  they?  ,,,,.would  love  to know  circa  and /  or  maker   thanks 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@sheilasday wrote:

looked  for  help  with  this   several  months  ago  at  another  ebay  disc.  site...hope  i am  not  breaking  any     rules  trying  to find  info  here....had  no  help  at  other  site...

can  the initials  be  determined...fancy  script... what  are  they?  ,,,,.would  love  to know  circa  and /  or  maker   thanks 

Is it L&C ?  I found an L&C M Co. For silver ware and plate. I find  these boards a little frustrating, sometimes people don't answer if the think the subject is not

interesting or valuable enough!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@sheilasday wrote:

Now I am seeing S&C ........http://www.silvercollection.it/AMERICANSILVERPLATEMARKSSDUE.html this could b ed a start. Kind of fun really 🙂

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Really looks like a T & C to me. I looked at the link you had but couldn't find anything near it. Would be great if it were Tiffany! Oh well, can only hope. I have found that quadruple plate was used by restaurants.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@cranelakeont wrote:

Really looks like a T & C to me. I looked at the link you had but couldn't find anything near it. Would be great if it were Tiffany! Oh well, can only hope. I have found that quadruple plate was used by restaurants.

I think the link was only for British marks, let's not forget American aND Canadian. ... Google those as well.  Looks like a restaurant coffee pot to me!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

omg  ~~  !  any   chance   the  T  &   C  could  mean   tiffany  and  company...?...  looks  like a very  old  mark...

.strange  i     cant  find  that   t  and  c   mark      find it  anywhere   at  all...?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

would  a  restaurant  coffee  pot  have  that  big  letter  P  engraved  on the  front?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Interesting point, a high end hotel/restaurant? usually it was a family crest thing, my aunt and uncle's service all had "M" on them. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Interesting point, a high end hotel/restaurant? usually it was a family crest thing, my aunt and uncle's service all had "M" on them. 

http://www.925-1000.com/silverplate__Icon.html

have you looked through this site, it has world silver plate marks, if all else fails post your mark on their forum, they are quite helpful!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

thanks.....will  try   that site  ! 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Most restaurants used quadrupple plate and some did have their monogram on the front to discourage theft. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply