Antiques and Research
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Help identifying billiard / pool balls

I need some help identifying these balls. I know some are clay- assuming it's the ones with the most chunks missing.That would be the extent of my knowledge on the subject. Any help is greatly appreciated.T.

P1011484.JPG pool.jpg

German Art - Wood Inlay Picture

I suspect I'll have to try my luck on eBay GermanyBUTBeen there and I don't know whether I can communicate (I don't read or write German).(Anyone know how to work the German site in English?) I've got a picture(?) made in Germany of inlaid wood from ...

Stuttgart-50.jpg
User avatar by Guide
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help with cast iron roly poly rabbit . . .

Hi, I posted this over on the Toys and Hobbies board but it looks like things are slow over there. Wondering if anyone here might have some information on this item. I believe it is called a roly poly, but most of those seem to be paper mache, this o...

s

Please help date and ID this Kachina Doll

I'm not sure what to make of this guy, he came from a museum auction aways back, still has the sticker on his foot, but I've seen similar dolls listed both as route 66 dolls, and as early dolls. He is very light, has a rich patina, has bellywarmers a...

Help please with brass "Sentinel" plate

Can anyone help me with what this pressed pattern brass plate is for? Looks like a light switch plate, but does not have the standard two screw holes other plates have. Where the switch would go is fairly deep, so I wondered if it may be a switch pla...

sentinel brass plate (1).jpg sentinel brass plate (2).jpg

Help with Antique Rocker

Can someone tell me about this Rocking Chair that I have. I don't usually deal in antiques but came across the chair. It is 29" high at the back, the seat is 15" front to back and 15" across at the widest part, 14" from floor to front of seat. I woul...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

vintage quadruple plate tea pot....any ID ?

looked for help with this several months ago at another ebay disc. site...hope i am not breaking any rules trying to find info here....had no help at other site...can the initials be determined...fancy script... what are they? ,,,,.would love to know...

Any idea what this is?

I know these aren't antiques but this board has such a wide range of knowlege, and since I have no idea which Board I should be posting to, I thought I would try here. I picked up two of these large, 8-1/2" tall "bulbs" soley for the reason that I di...

Can Any Members Help ID/Translate Old Japanese vase.

Hi I am hoping someone on the board can help me with a translation on a piece of pottery. Not sure if this japanese or chinese pottery. It has a mark on the bottom. The piece is like a small vase and does show age. The size is 5 inches. Has a scene p...

DSC01571.JPG DSC01566.JPG
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors