Antiques and Research
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Purpose for this miniature chest?

We can figure out what special purpose these cubbies were for. Not silverware. Not cosmetics nor jewelry? I'd be happy with guesses. Was heavily used. bottom drawer ink stained and used so often the runner has worn down. Thank you so much and best wi...

_20151231_050818.JPG DSC_0065.JPG DSC_0066.JPG
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Carved Wooden Dog, Vietnamese

Can anyone tell me about my carved Vietnamese Dog? I purchased him at an antiques shop in the early '80s. He is very detailed (anatomically correct ), has a secret compartment and is 11 inches tall.Thanks,Anne

Military Order? Fraternal? Fantasy?

Military? Order? Fraternal? Fantasy? This nice vintage gold plated and enameled piece has some resemblances to some civil and military orders I have seen, but could be just a piece of jewelry with similarities. Any input from experts on orders? Thank...

Any Idea what this Christopher Bach piece is?

We got this Christopher Bach piece at an estate sale. Its 835 Silver and signed. We dont know what it is. Bookmark? A fork? its small and measures a little over 3 inches long and about 1 1/4 inches wide at the tines. We believe its from the 30's or 4...

Old Asian (Thai?) figurines, Help me ID please

Hi everyone, I recently acquired two old asian figurines, and I am stumped as to the material, age, country of origin, subject, etc. They look somewhat similar to Thai Teppanom or "Beautiful Being" representations I've seen in my research, but haven'...

figurine - Copy.jpg 3figurine.jpg 4figurine.jpg 2figurine.jpg
Most Marked as Helpful Authors