Antiques and Research
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

New to group. Has anyone ever seen anything like this light fixture?

Hi, just moved back to the states from living in Mexico and must sell to make ends meet. This cast iron and sheet metal hanging light fixture purportely came out of an old bar/pub in Washington DC 50 yrs ago. Has been in someone elses possesion since...

Lust Lamp 1.JPG Lust Lamp 2.JPG Lust Lamp 5.JPG Lust Lamp 6.JPG

Help identifying maker of pottery

Hi! Any help identifying the maker of this jardiniere would be greatly appreciated. It is marked 242 under the glazed bottom and is about 9 inches in diameter and 9 inches high. Thank you!!

iron for ebay 007.JPG

Does anyone know what this was used for?

I bought this at a resale shop. It is brass. It is a hand with a ball in the palm. On top of the ball is a tray with a hole in each corner. As shown in the first photo the hand can be raised. I have had opinions from a soap dish from a ship to a call...

Porcelain lidded box - Fake or Find?

Can anyone help me identify this china box? It is approximately 2 14" across and 1 1/2" tall. It has a metal seashell catch and band.I have looked all over the internet and can't seem to find a match to the marks on the bottom.It was my grandmothers ...

Need Help w/ID for Small Hand Knotted Persian Silk Rug

hi everyone. i'm not sure this is an antique, but i thought it might be the best place to find someone who knows about Persian rugs. I found this today. it's 2'x3'. it's in immaculate condition. I'm wondering how to describe it in the title. what typ...

silkrug_frnt.jpg silkrug_label.jpg
Most Marked as Helpful Authors